Maryland - Approved Handguns List --- Does this apply to any date handgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snick97

Nov 19, 2008
    I was taking a look at the list to see if the H&K P9S was an approved handgun and it is not on the list. The P9S is from 1969 so I didn't know if there was any grandfathering in regards to the approved handgun list or not?

thanks all

Edit: started a new thread since this topic has taken a twist from the original question

Last edited:

Andras

Aug 12, 2008
    Charles Co.
    § 5-406. Manufacture or sale of handguns.

(a) Prohibitions.-

(1) Except as provided in § 5-402 of this subtitle, a person may not manufacture for distribution or sale a handgun that is not included on the handgun roster in the State.

(2) A person may not sell or offer for sale in the State a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not included on the handgun roster.

snick97

Nov 19, 2008
    § 5-406. Manufacture or sale of handguns.

(a) Prohibitions.-

(1) Except as provided in § 5-402 of this subtitle, a person may not manufacture for distribution or sale a handgun that is not included on the handgun roster in the State.

(2) A person may not sell or offer for sale in the State a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not included on the handgun roster.

ah thanks, i don't know how to tell when exactly the gun was manufactured but i will find out

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Many of the European makers mark the year or month/year of manufacture on the gun. CZ told me they stamped the year on their model 82's and the SIG P225/P6 has month/year on the slide. I don't have any HK's, but I would almost bet they have it stamped on the gun.

snick97

Nov 19, 2008
    Many of the European makers mark the year or month/year of manufacture on the gun. CZ told me they stamped the year on their model 82's and the SIG P225/P6 has month/year on the slide. I don't have any HK's, but I would almost bet they have it stamped on the gun.

Edit: Started a new thread since this has taken a turn from the original topic AND I see this question about gun stamp's asked on A LOT of other forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom