• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    I don't see how .357 is better than .38+P in a snubby.

The Smith and Wesson 642 is similar in price and a great alternative.

At 10 feet, you can kill someone 0.000631136 seconds faster with 357 magnum.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    If Taurus has turned over a new leaf and it isn't just drilling holes in the cylinders like the ones I've bought, go ahead and try it. I've bought Taurus PT-92s/99s over the years and they've been solid. Ultra-reliable and now just as accurate as the Berettas. In the early 90s, they weren't as accurate, but they were good enough. My newest PT-92 stainless model is as accurate and as reliable as the Berettas. The ones in the 90s also didn't have the fine finishes the Berettas have.

If I had a choice of a Beretta 92 and a Taurus PT-92 stainless AR, and I couldn't sell it but had to keep it all my days, I'd take the Taurus every time. (Never heard of a slide coming off the frame with a Taurus, but then, I've never heard of a slide coming off the frame of a civilian 92 or an Italian model.)

I'm all for second chances when I hear a company is really trying. That said, I'd pay the extra $$$ and get the Ruger. But, what the heck. Just check out the tolerances before you buy the gun.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Just saw one yesterday. I'm thinking of getting one because I like the looks of it, for about $350 iirc.
    Never been a Taurus fan. I've spent more on much worst.

Save the comments about .357 small revolvers for range shooting, etc... I get all that. You think the quality is there for the price to buy it and rarely shoot it after an initial test fire?
    Any thoughts?
    5baea9e6b6dcaea4c329c4a0f55a06eb.jpg

Get a S&W or a Ruger and you will never be sorry. Excellent guns with lifetime warranty. Or take a chance with Taurus.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom