• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    The channel liner is just a straight piece of plastic tubing but one end is beveled and needs to fit into the bottom of the channel. If you put it in backwards, it will hold everything back a few thousandths and could very well cause the problems you have described. I think you will have good results after replacing that liner correctly.

As for slides and barrels being out of spec, it happens. Most manufacturers will tell you that these parts may need fitting and recommend a qualified gunsmith perform any required adjustments.

I had no problems with two Swenson slides. Both the Lone Wolf and Swenson barrels will drop into either slide and function identically. Both slides work on both frames. A Glock OEM slide and barrel function on them, too. This was my final confirmation that these builds were as good as anything with the Glock name on it and could be depended upon in any emergency. One thing for sure is that with OEM trigger parts, these are target pistols but they are still fun to shoot and still quite accurate.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I just use a 5/16-18 bolt and thread it into the channel liner a few threads, grab it with a pair of pliers and pull the channel liner out. I have had one slide that had an undersized firing pin channel that needed to be reamed to get the liner to fit properly. An installation tool is handy if you have a tight liner fit, some will push in very easily with a wooden dowel, some not so much, depending on the finished diameter of the firing pin channel. The liner needs to be fully installed and bottomed out in the channel (and the quality of the finish, if it was Cerakoted). It should not stick out at all and you should be able to compress the firing pin spacer sleeve with a small screwdriver to compress the firing pin spring and install/remove the back plate easily. There is a small step in the firing pin channel at the rear and the liner should be seated until the rear of the liner aligns with that small step, it should not be set back at all from there.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Okay, so I definitely buggered the channel liner then. Thanks for the suggestion on removing it. I’ll hopefully have the new one in hand in a couple of days and can get back out to the range this weekend or next week once replaced.

One of my punches is the exact diameter of the channel liner so it works well for gently tapping it in. Of course I went to town on the other one...cause apparently I put it in backwards. Opps.

Hopefully my issues are down to that. As above, it must be holding the pin back just a couple of thousandths. My digital calipers aren’t accurate enough to tell if it is off by that little. Could be why it is only occasional light strikes because it is right at the edge of sufficient protrusion to set off primers. Also probably why some ammo (Federal with what I have heard are soft primers) works better than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom