• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I own the HK version, I am the second owner. I have about 5000 rounds through mine. It is a fun gun, its one of those you take out to plink with and have fun and are not doing anything too serious. If you get eh one with the collapsible stock it definitely is not a training gun due to inconsistent cheek weld. But fun factor I give it 8.5 out of 10. Field striping is not too bad pretty much tool-less on the HK one.

The A2 fixed stock is currently available at hkparts.net. A cheaper rail to mount a red dot sight can be had. I used the one for the airsoft mp5.

Like the 9mm mp5 the Walther HK mp5 has just 2 pushpins to separate the lower from the rest of the rifle. Can't be that hard to take apart right? As for cleaning I just use CLP to clean the gun and use the bore snake to clean the barrel.

If you go the GSG route you can replace the screws with the pushpins except for the one at the end cap would require a little modification. These are also available at the same site.

Of course my rifle was purchased through an IP.

thegoose

gun loving fanatic
    Feb 16, 2013
    parkville, md
    I own the H&K version mp5 that was made by walther. I love it! It is so accurate and fun to shoot. Well worth the money. Im actually looking for a 2nd one.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    The stock that I got from HK parts.net was not a perfect fit but nothing me and my drill could not fix.
    I wonder if I can remove the fake silencer, shorten the barrel and have it rethreaded. Then have a cleanable silencer pinned to it so it won't be a sbr.

I saw a thread about the $100 silencer by Weber here in MDshooters and AR15.com.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I wonder if I can remove the fake silencer, shorten the barrel and have it rethreaded. Then have a cleanable silencer pinned to it so it won't be a sbr.

Sounds like a good idea. I've been wanting to SBR/suppress mine but, that sounds even better. One less stamp to buy.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Does anyone know what the difference is between the GSG version and the Walther MP-5 22 ? Is there really a build/quality difference. I see the Walther (Sold as HK, in HK Box) is hard to find and some sites claim it no longer exists. I also see this version selling for $600-$1000 on GB. Any Ideas ?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Does anyone know what the difference is between the GSG version and the Walther MP-5 22 ? Is there really a build/quality difference. I see the Walther (Sold as HK, in HK Box) is hard to find and some sites claim it no longer exists. I also see this version selling for $600-$1000 on GB. Any Ideas ?

The GSG can be finicky on ammo. It will cycle CCI Mini Mags pretty good. THe H&K one made by Walther will pretty much cycle anything. I have cycled Remington, Winchester, and cci. Also the GSG is different enough that many of the H&K parts may not work.

The H&K one going for over $500 is retarded. I paid $400 for one from a member here.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/search.cfm/CurrentPage/1/kword/HK MP5 22

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    The GSG can be finicky on ammo. It will cycle CCI Mini Mags pretty good. THe H&K one made by Walther will pretty much cycle anything. I have cycled Remington, Winchester, and cci. Also the GSG is different enough that many of the H&K parts may not work.

The H&K one going for over $500 is retarded. I paid $400 for one from a member here.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/search.cfm/CurrentPage/1/kword/HK MP5 22

That link shows it is no longer available as do most sites. Atlantic claims they may come back in stock. The last 3 sold on GB were over 1K. Here is one of them https://www.gunbroker.com/item/775779625

Guess there are a lot of HK Fans paying for these.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think I paid around $600(?) for mine four years ago. It wasn't worth that, 1K-no way!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Have you had any problems or do you just feel it isn't worth the money ? Looks like you can at least get your money back !
    Shoots fine. It was more of an impulse but. I let Engineerbrian's youngest son dump 6 or 7 25 round mags a couple years ago. I don't think they had any trouble with it. I never have.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Have you had any problems or do you just feel it isn't worth the money ? Looks like you can at least get your money back !

Is it my go to gun nope. But it is a fun little gun to have in the range bag after a day of sighting in or practicing fundamentals, where all you really want to do is send lead down range. To tell you the truth with it being so small and light and compact I do not think I would like the 9mm or other variants. Me being a bigger guy it is not comfortable to shoot precisely and methodically. I have cheap reflex sight on it on just to do mag dumps and one hand firing its like having a really nice pellet gun, bullets go where you point it and follow on shots are no real challenge due to really light recoil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom