• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    Does a low profile gas block impede the ability to install mlok accessories at the 6-o-clock position on these rails?

Ive noticed ever since these slim m-lok rails have hit the market there is never enough room under the gas block to install anything. pros and cons i guess.

i have the same problem with my midwest industries and daniel defense m-lok handguards

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    unless you gas block is extremely close. You need maybe 1/8"if not less to properly lock the M-Lok.

Using the picture as a reference. The oval nut is the only thing that should be sticking be, maybe the a couple of threads.

Please be aware that with all the different manufacturers it is hard to say for sure. There are variables such as thickness of slots, thickness of nuts, length of screws, and also proper assembly of the m-lok device.

It is a standard but there are a lot of variations that manufacturers try make up for since many cannot get their hands on every handguard made

Odin_Works_B1_Black_Compact_Rifle_Handstop_M-LOK_Low_Profile_B1-HAND-ML_3__89780.1483638961.jpg

DrSeuss

Mar 28, 2013
    I've had to grind down the nut and screw a bit to fit. I was running a suppressor inside an ALG handguard and the MLOK nuts for my AFG were too tall. But I wouldn't to that for a vertical grip or a bipod stud.

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    I've had to grind down the nut and screw a bit to fit. I was running a suppressor inside an ALG handguard and the MLOK nuts for my AFG were too tall. But I wouldn't to that for a vertical grip or a bipod stud.

yeah ive had to do that before. its usually the screw that sticks out too far so that shouldnt be a problem as far as durability

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom