• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V-tac

Industry Partner
    May 8, 2018
    I didn’t know where else to post this and since the entire hql thing is anti 2A I figure this is the place.
    So I am purchasing a handgun private sale and decided to use an ffl based solely on location.
    My bad was to forget my damn hql card and left it at home. I truly thought that as long as I had it for pick up it was ok I obviously have and hql as I have the 77r pin and all with me.
    Called ahead first person told us both people need hql. Called back to say yeah we both have them however I didn’t have mine on me was it ok as long as I had it when the 7 day period was over person on phone said sure.
    Of course when we get there we find that is not the case according to them and that I actually need the card to even start the transfer.
    Wether that is correct or not is moot as it’s their store and their ffl and I can respect that.
    The gun has high cap mags?
    What happeneds when a private sale used gun has high cap mags?
    What should be done?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I didn’t know where else to post this and since the entire hql thing is anti 2A I figure this is the place.
    So I am purchasing a handgun private sale and decided to use an ffl based solely on location.
    My bad was to forget my damn hql card and left it at home. I truly thought that as long as I had it for pick up it was ok I obviously have and hql as I have the 77r pin and all with me.
    Called ahead first person told us both people need hql. Called back to say yeah we both have them however I didn’t have mine on me was it ok as long as I had it when the 7 day period was over person on phone said sure.
    Of course when we get there we find that is not the case according to them and that I actually need the card to even start the transfer.
    Wether that is correct or not is moot as it’s their store and their ffl and I can respect that.
    The gun has high cap mags?
    What happeneds when a private sale used gun has high cap mags?
    What should be done
    ?

Yes, buyer needs HQL for the dealer to start the transfer.

As far as what happens to the mags, they cannot be transferred in MD. What happens outside Maryland is your business.

Yes, I've heard that some FFLs and occasionally the MDSP say one needs the HQL to sell a handgun, which makes zero sense whatsoever.

V-tac

Industry Partner
    May 8, 2018
    Ok great. I intentionally didn’t bring that point up. They wanted both to have hql.

The guy left the mags out of the deal and was told by them that a handgun without the original magazines can not be transferred.

That is what really puzzled me

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Ok great. I intentionally didn’t bring that point up. They wanted both to have hql.

The guy left the mags out of the deal and was told by them that a handgun without the original magazines can not be transferred.

:asshat:

I would not go back to that FFL. I just transferred a gun with no mags, and a lot of dealers sell them this way.

Just curious, where are you located?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Not true....sounds like their playing games with you. See a lot of guns for sale from IPs on this site that do not have mags. As him to cite Maryland law or tell them to send it to another FFL. Remember...his store his rules BUT he can’t make up new ones. Maybe it’s a handgun that he sells and his way of screwing you because you didn’t buy from him?

V-tac

Industry Partner
    May 8, 2018
    You may be right.
    It really felt like they were on a mission to give us a rough way to go.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    You may be right.
    It really felt like they were on a mission to give us a rough way to go.

2aewpa.jpg

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    State Barracks.

Do your online paperwork first, show up on a Sunday morning after breakfast, takes about twenty minutes. Cost 10 per transaction (how many firearms at one time?? Up to 7at a time for 10.00 total from my experience).
    Wait a week to be not disapproved. The. Meet for Sunday breakfast and exchange the firearm.

V-tac

Industry Partner
    May 8, 2018
    I was at worth-a-shot first and last time and it was the owner who told us you can not transfer a firearm without the original magazines. Then proceeded to tell us “trying to bend the laws will give us five years”
    After she looked down the barrel without clearing the damn thing.

V-tac

Industry Partner
    May 8, 2018
    Thank you all for clarifying
    I felt like I was a damn ass for not knowing this little magazine caveat

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I was at worth-a-shot first and last time and it was the owner who told us you can not transfer a firearm without the original magazines. Then proceeded to tell us “trying to bend the laws will give us five years”
    After she looked down the barrel without clearing the damn thing.

That explains it. Everyone here knows to stay far far away from that place. They’re not worth-a-sh!t!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom