Refute Md. Antis with *this* Md. data -- Use freely in testimony and public arguments

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AimsWellShootsWorse

Mar 2, 2011
    Prince George's County
    I've compiled and made graphical a lot of information about the problem of gun violence in Maryland and the defects in the main pending bills (HB294/SB281). See the attached "one pager.pdf" for the main graphic. The zip file contains the PowerPoint slideshow and a copy of it in PDF format.

PLEASE use the PowerPoint and distribute it. As a graduate student in criminology, I've tried to use my skills to make the data plain and visually powerful. Critical feedback is always welcome.

Attribution is not necessary. I have included references/citations for all data and claims in these documents.

Attachments

• One Pager.pdf
      263.9 KB · Views: 590
    • Final critique of HB294SB281.zip
      3.2 MB · Views: 372

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Nice, but the problem is antis don't care about facts. They only care about feelings, can you post a feeling chart, thats something they will understand. Great data, if you can find a way to take this stuff to the general assembly. Contact MSI ASAP.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    AimsWell, that is awesome! Strong work. Too bad the libtards will dismiss it and you as crazy redneck, right wing nutjob. Still I'm impressed and will use whenever possible. Thanks.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    That's a great chart!

Maybe you could add in a line for the people killed by Hands and Feet over the same timeline? Really drive the point home that it's the person and not the weapon of choice?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Holy Smokes. This is the best compilation of info I've seen almost anywhere. I will be sending it out.

Jan 28, 2013
    1JziJki.png

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    That's a great chart!

Maybe you could add in a line for the people killed by Hands and Feet over the same timeline? Really drive the point home that it's the person and not the weapon of choice?

Good point. I was also thinking about the value of adding deaths by drunk drivers to hammer home the point that so much of this effort (SB281) is ineffective (not to mention unlawful) while they could spend just as much energy focusing on a REAL problem and save MANY more lies each year by further controlling a privilege.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I strongly object to your use of the term "Assault Rifle". Although I loathe the term, "Assault Weapon" is far more accurate since we're comparing to AWB terminology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom