• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Heres something you don't see every day. A Periscopic Prism Co Scope for a Patt 1914 MKI* (T) rifle.

Scopes of this type were manufactured in London primarily for Winchester rifles although they may appear on different makers rifles after wars end and up until the early/mid 20's then re designated Rifle N03 MkI or MkI* (f) or (T) This scope has been numbered for rifle #76725 more than likely a W marked rifle.

The scope has a very short eye relief of about 1-1/2 inches a 7 degree field of view 3x magnification with T accuracy standards of about 2 moa at 100yds. Sniping was done close in those days usually to about 300 yards due to the type of warfare being fought so a head shot could be difficult to pull off. T rifles were also fitted with a fine elevation adjustment incorporated into the leaf 200 to 1600 yds and sometimes a wooden cheek rest attached to the rifle up to 1941.

The range drum is graduated 100 to 1000 yds in 100 yd increments and lateral adjustments made by using a special key that fits into the front of the telescope. The scope is mounted with dual claws in the front to a base soldered and screwed on to the front ring and a single quick release latch on the port side of the protective ears.

I bought this for a collector in the UK who has a rifle with bases sans scope and rings.
    IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Soon as I found it I knew I had to get it somebody that had a rifle. If the rifle came with it it would be going deep into the vault unashamedly though I must admit. I did think at first, how can I get that on a P14 lol.
    BSA made the post war ones and only about 79 of them, about two thousand of these made.
    I'm getting hate mail from all over the world from people I don't even know. Wont make a dime on it either. Every blind hog finds a nut I guess, it'll be off to BDL soon for ITAR
    Who knows where its been or whats been seen through it.
    F*&4k it now someone will have a smile on their face instead of a grimace for the purpose it was originally intended for.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    That's crazy rare, esp with optics in such good condition. Don't blame you for grabbing it, I'd be hoping to match with a rifle. Good on ya for sending it to the UK home where it'll be appreciated and mated to the correct partner. Just hope that the UK government doesn't ban bolt action rifles anytime soon (wouldn't shock me in the least)!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    That's crazy rare, esp with optics in such good condition. Don't blame you for grabbing it, I'd be hoping to match with a rifle. Good on ya for sending it to the UK home where it'll be appreciated and mated to the correct partner. Just hope that the UK government doesn't ban bolt action rifles anytime soon (wouldn't shock me in the least)!

Theirs a fellow over there with a rifle/ correct bases but no scope. It seems as if these scopes were serialized but not much effort made to keep them together while in service unlike the no4's. I cant say if the W marked rifles were manufactured that consistently or if the no4's were just of slightly different final tolerances hence all the fitting with them.The figure of merit is different between the two with the later rifles to a slightly higher standard with a telescope. 500 -600 of the top of my head but the p14 is generally accepted as the more accurate rifle. The British inspectors were all over the W factory when production was started even into the bookkeeping as well.

Happy days on the way for someone for sure. Ill get pictures when its all together. Easy come easy go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom