• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    There will a 7-day waiting period before this debate ends. You can drop this thread on DAY 8, except if it is Sunday. You can drop it on Monday then.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Awe, it ain't so bad if'n you kept up from the begin'in.

I don't know, man...maybe it's cuz it's past my bedtime...kinda making my head want to explode

Now...if I don't fall asleep before midnight, will I wake up tomorrow, or today+1? Will it still be the first day of the rest of my life (or the second)?

Maybe if I just put the tablet down and get to sleep while it's still today, tomorrow will still be right where I left it...

:explodingheadsmilie:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    How about the time calculation for astronaut gun buyers who orbit the earth for a week and return to Earth?

Their pickup day is before their purchase day?

Discuss.

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Are you sure?

It SHOULD be, if the 7th day falls on Sunday, it slips to Monday. And if Monday is a holiday, if the 7th day falls on the Sunday or Monday holiday, it slips to Tuesday.

Basically, no deliveries on Sunday or Holiday. Probably goes back to the original wait language, when MD had Blue Laws, and almost NOTHING was open on Sunday.

I'm sure brownl had it right but just typed quickly concerning the dates

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Some places are being selective and not including Sunday as a calendar day for the 7 day count, which is slightly frustrating but one day won't kill me, at least I don't think so

Who is not releasing if the MSP email has gone out??????

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I wonder why you can START the first part of the 77R process on a Sunday (@MSP), but can't COMPLETE it on a Sunday?

Law on the waiting period dates back to the 60s.

Up until the late 70s, MD had Blue Laws and most every business was closed on Sunday.

Actual law said no more than 6 employees. Hechinger's (pre-runner of Home Depot/Lowes) started bucking the law by opening with only 6 employees.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Actual law:
    (a) Seven-day waiting period. -- A licensee may not sell, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm until after 7 days following the time a firearm application is executed by the firearm applicant, in triplicate, and the original is forwarded by the prospective seller or transferor to the Secretary.
    By law, it is the 8th day. AFTER 7 days.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Actual law:
    (a) Seven-day waiting period. -- A licensee may not sell, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm until after 7 days following the time a firearm application is executed by the firearm applicant, in triplicate, and the original is forwarded by the prospective seller or transferor to the Secretary.
    By law, it is the 8 days. AFTER 7 days. You execute the paperwork on day 1. Count up to 7, release on the next one.

Not 7 TH or 8 TH day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom