• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pablo1965

Epistemophilic
    Nov 2, 2016
    Baltimore County
    I have found old forums and blogs about shipping handguns, but I have not found any specifically for what I need since the newer MD laws. I want to sell a handgun to someone out of state. Some of the things I have read are you can send privately to purchaser's FFL if you use Fed Ex or UPS overnight, but not USPS. I have read others that say all out of state sales have to go through both states FFL's. Sorry if this has been covered before. Purchaser has offered extra money for me to ship it from MD to Oregon, but I am not sure of the proper procedure.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Call thier FFL and find out thier policy. My guess is they won't accept a handgun even if they accept long guns.

If you're in Dundalk, you should have the good folks at Blue Fin's ship it for you. It would be worth the piece of mind. They're good people to deal with and thier prices are fair.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    According to Federal ( and Md State for that matter) law, you *may* ship any non-NFA firearm directly to out of state FFL. Not all FFL care to recieve direct shipments from individuals, as a matter of store policy . You and/ or seller check with recieving FFL.

Additionally, private individuals must use FedEx or UPS overnite, while FFL to FFL may also use the much less expensive USPS. Depending on fee charged by your local FFL, the net cost might be same or less than UPS Overnite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom