• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • provvv

Jan 29, 2017
    Baltimore County
    I just got an email from Ruger stating that they've released the AR-556 to be Maryland compliant with a heavy (HBAR) barrel.

This is exciting because the regular versions of these have been going for $470 lately.

Model #: 8511

JTi9Qfh.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    We do, I promise.

Nate,

Are you working for Ruger now? If you are, that is awesome. If so, in what capacity?

The first rifle I ever bought was a Ruger 77MKII in .300 Win Mag. Bought a 10/22, 77MKIITGT in .220 Swift, and Mini 30 after that. Been looking at the Precision Rifle, but the only drawback for me is the cartridge. I really want my next bolt gun to be .338 Lapua or .50 BMG. Convince Ruger to make that rifle in .338 Lapua for me.

As far as the state compliant AR is concerned, meh. Great for everybody that still needs one, but I think I am done with AR rifles for the rest of my life.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Nate,

Are you working for Ruger now? If you are, that is awesome. If so, in what capacity?

The first rifle I ever bought was a Ruger 77MKII in .300 Win Mag. Bought a 10/22, 77MKIITGT in .220 Swift, and Mini 30 after that. Been looking at the Precision Rifle, but the only drawback for me is the cartridge. I really want my next bolt gun to be .338 Lapua or .50 BMG. Convince Ruger to make that rifle in .338 Lapua for me.

As far as the state compliant AR is concerned, meh. Great for everybody that still needs one, but I think I am done with AR rifles for the rest of my life.

I am. Associate General Counsel for ATF Compliance. It's been fantastic.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nice to have options from major mfg. With the small weight penalty, it sould also be saleable in free America, so Ruger runs little risk of getting stuck.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    MSRP on the regular 8500 and the compliant 8511 is the same at 799. Won't see the same volume on the compliant version so places probably won't have it for 470, but it may be close after the buying dies down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom