• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    No in Mount Airy.

I usually have a few patrolling my back yard but have not seen them yet.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Not yet, but hopefully will tonight (I often watch them fly at dusk in my backyard). Anyone had success with attracting them with bathouses? I would love to have more of them, but haven't done anything to purposefully make that happen.

I thought about doing this too, but I really don't have a spot on my property to put one. Well, not one where I'd be willing to put up with the bat poop mess, anyway. For now I'll stick with bird houses.

earlybirdnj

Aug 1, 2013
    Used to have them in fascia of my house... really hard to get rid of them... finally stuffed copper mesh completely around the house and they finally got the message.
    Maybe they eat a lot of mosquitos but they are really nasty.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    All over here in the evening.. was watching them with the dog last night... he really wants one and I swear, they torment him on purpose... :lol2::lol2::lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just this one...

Attachments

• hillary clinton arms wide open.jpg
      hillary clinton arms wide open.jpg
      56.4 KB · Views: 213

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    I saw one a couple of nights ago while I was doing my bedtime dog walk. Off Riva Road on the west side of Annapolis.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Man, all these Western Shore people posting in the Eastern Shore forum about local bats. As for DelMarVa, Wicomico County has plenty. The bats feed around the poll light every night.

Well since the title of this thread asked if "anyone" has seen any bats I see no reason why "anyone" wouldn't answer. I don't pay attention which forum it's posted in, I just look at the thread title. And it's pole not poll. ;)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well since the title of this thread asked if "anyone" has seen any bats I see no reason why "anyone" wouldn't answer. I don't pay attention which forum it's posted in, I just look at the thread title. And it's pole not poll. ;)

They must have some very special bats out east...

(J/K):)

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    We have a pair of them that we see pretty reliably evening after evening this year. They seem to be doing a good job keeping mosquitoes under control in the area.

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    We have a pair of them that we see pretty reliably evening after evening this year. They seem to be doing a good job keeping mosquitoes under control in the area.

That's what I have had for ever 4 or 5 every night but this year I only saw bats very early, sometime in April. Maybe migrating. Last couple weeks lots of chimney swifts near dusk but no bats.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have not seen as many as in years past. the decrease in bat numbers is a bad thing as they eat a lot of flying insects.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

...and OP doesn't have Water Cooler access, so this sub was probably the best fit he could find for the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom