• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Silver Spring or Rockville store??

The Silver Spring had a boatload of ammo. Several cases of PMC 9mm, Federal .223, etc. Not great prices, and no price break on the case price but plenty there. IIRC, it was about $10/box of .225/5.56, os that's about $500/case.

I won't pay more than $400... (and that's way too much! :mad54:)

Jamie

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    Personally I stay away from the Silver Spring store. They offered me a poor price on a possible trade and the "tude" I received indicates that they have no need for my business. I will gladly drive 30 minutes out of my way for fair prices and great service. Some people indicate positive experiences and I believe that I can guess your age and ethnicity based on that positive experience.

Scud

Nov 16, 2008
    Near Smithsburg
    I'd rather drive an hour and a half to gun connection or a lot less time to a frederick county gun store. Either way the savings is worth it.

Edit - these guys in frederick seem to have good prices and seem cool http://www.gunsunlimited.com/ Their storefront is not the easiest to find, but its worth a look IMO.

I have been going to Glade Valley and Atlantic, (Rockville) for years. Having said that I will add that although one store may cost a bit more, you have to compare apples to apples. I think that there is much to be said for shopping around.

Doc TH

Oct 3, 2008
    Rockville
    Atlantic Guns

I have been going to the Rockville store for almost 30 years. They can be pricey, but from time to time you can find a good buy. I go back because they are friendly and helpful and will provide information and advice that is not based solely on the profit they can make. In general, I have been satisfied. I am willing to patronize local gun stores rather than the large chains because to the chains, firearms are simply one product line that they will abandon the instant the profit margin is lower than they'd like or if they feel it's politically advantageous to do so.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I bought 2 handguns from the Rockville store last year. I bought a new Ruger single action and a 'used' Sig 226(circa late 1980'sh) I found sitting in the used gun section. After dismantling the 226, I could not find any thing that say it has been fired more than the few times it was fired before it left the factory. I bought the 226 that same day even though I didn't have any plans on buying anything that day.

They can be pricey but sometimes you can get lucky.

DSC_1493a.jpg

DSC_2101.jpg

DSC_1190.jpg

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    HuH?

I've never had good luck at either Atlantic shop.

Prices are higher than anywhere else. But worse than that is customer service.

Bought a scope from them, mounted. First mag through the 1911 and scope broke.. I took it back they returned to vendor and said they call me.

1 month later I called them they said any day it'd be in.

another month later, I CALLED they said it's on back order. need another 1 week.

another month later, I CALLED they said on slow boat from china and be patient.

another month later, I CALLED they said come down and get store credit for you item.

Ask about a rifle stock they say it'll be ordered and recieved in a few days.

Guess what?

another month later, I CALLED they said scope was in.

They've lost my business forever.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    I did purchase a couple of NFA items from the Silver Spring store early last year...dealt with a guy named Carl I believe and I would happily deal with him again. The Rockville store is closer to me and has some insane prices. I dropped by a couple of weeks ago and they had a Saiga 12 for........$779! HA! Sadly, I went in just last week and it was gone...one born every minute.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They charge less than $30 for FFL transfer AFAIK. Not too bad these days.
    That's certainly a change, if true.

On a more random note, their gunsmith is apparently running six weeks behind, so probably not the place to take your guns for repair.

vwpilot

Nov 26, 2008
    I deal with both stores regularly. They are priced a bit higher than some other places and I have bought elsewhere at times, but they have always be VERY helpful and very accommodating. I think on the surface, like with many retail industries these days, they can be a little short since they are used to people coming in, wasting their time fondling items, then mail ordering them off the internet at prices they cant compete with. But, if you get to know them and talk to them, they are real good people and will take care of you.

All the extra money I've spent buying something from them, has more than been made up in them installing sights for free, or doing other free smithing for me, especially at Rockville. Also, having worked retail, I respect the knowledge and info they've given me and I'll reward that with a purchase. The ability to talk with someone, go in when I have a problem with it, have work done on it for free if there is a problem or I want something installed, and the buyers advice I can get are more than worth the extra $50 or so I might pay for something over mail ordering it and having to have it transferred in.

I have dealt with Dan at GC as well and he was great to work with, however, he is a haul for me and the guys at Atlantic always take care of me, so they continue to get my business as well.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I deal with both stores regularly. They are priced a bit higher than some other places and I have bought elsewhere at times, but they have always be VERY helpful and very accommodating. I think on the surface, like with many retail industries these days, they can be a little short since they are used to people coming in, wasting their time fondling items, then mail ordering them off the internet at prices they cant compete with. But, if you get to know them and talk to them, they are real good people and will take care of you.

All the extra money I've spent buying something from them, has more than been made up in them installing sights for free, or doing other free smithing for me, especially at Rockville. Also, having worked retail, I respect the knowledge and info they've given me and I'll reward that with a purchase. The ability to talk with someone, go in when I have a problem with it, have work done on it for free if there is a problem or I want something installed, and the buyers advice I can get are more than worth the extra $50 or so I might pay for something over mail ordering it and having to have it transferred in.

I have dealt with Dan at GC as well and he was great to work with, however, he is a haul for me and the guys at Atlantic always take care of me, so they continue to get my business as well.

:thumbsup: I concur. Also, occasionally they have a manufacturers weekend (ie Glock, S&W, etc.) with a reduction in prices. :party29:

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Both Rockville and Silverspring store prices are on the high side but they have good choices in guns and ammo and they will install parts you buy from them for free. I bought an AR free float tube and an end cap worth $130 and they installed it for free. That is a $50 saving in labor there.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    They're pricey but very helpful. I don't go there often but am glad when I do. When I got a Taurus 66 7 shot model I was having trouble finding a speedloader because the 7 shot wasn't listed as one of the models on the packages, unprompted they opened up some dummy rounds and a few speedloader packages and grabbed a 7 shot taurus 66 out of their case to test this out for me and find out which one worked. Damn good of them in my book.

EDIT: This is referring to the rockville store

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Yes, their regular price can be high. But, I did find some deal on the used firearms now and then: DPMS AR-15a2 for $650 a few months ago.

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Just stopped by the Silver Spring store yesterday for the first time ever....

Overall, seemed a pretty decent place. I noticed the "evil" looking rifles seemed crazy, especially a WASR for $700, but heck, capitalism at work. On the other hand, I thought they had a nice selection of shotguns, and prices weren't too bad. I'm kinda liking the new benelli autoloader, but man, it's ugly....

I did buy some ammo, and was pretty pleased. They had Winchester Ranger JHP .40 for $24, and Federal 9mm +P+ for $23. Good selection overall, and ammo prices didn't seem nuts on the defensive or carry stuff.

I'm still absolutely gobsmaked that anyone would price a 20 round box of 7.63x39 Wolf for more than 2 bucks, but boy am I in denial.

Heck, the guy who helped me was quite good, and made some recommendations I appreciated. They had a nice condition FM (Argentine) HiPower for $350

On another note, I nearly busted a gut looking at their knives, and seeing 3 plastic knives in the case with $20 price tags, I figure anyone who does that is willing to deal on price....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom