• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I haven't been as tuned in as I was a couple years ago, but this struck me:
    When Maryland appealed the decision to the full appeals court, a 10-4 majority determined, “[W]e have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war that the Heller decision explicitly excluded from such coverage.”

So... CA4 basically PUNTED?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    FoxNews is following it closely ...

I haven't been as tuned in as I was a couple years ago, but this struck me:

So... CA4 basically PUNTED?

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
    DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, et al., PETITIONERS v.
    DICK ANTHONY HELLER

Some general knowledge of firearms is important to the public welfare; because it would be impossible, in case of war, to organize promptly an efficient force of volunteers unless the people had some familiarity with weapons of war. The Constitution secures the right of the people to keep and bear arms. No doubt, a citizen who keeps a gun or pistol under judicious precautions, practices in safe places the use of it, and in due time teaches his sons to do the same, exercises his individual right. No doubt, a person whose residence or duties involve peculiar peril may keep a pistol for prudent self-defence.” B. Abbott, Judge and Jury: A Popular Explanation of the Leading Topics in the Law of the Land 333 (1880) (hereinafter Abbott).

4th Circuit Interprets Heller To EXCLUDE AR-15s, Then Dances A Tarantella On Scalia’s Grave Probably
    If you listen closely, you can hear Neil Gorsuch's music.

But if you listen closely, you can hear Neil Gorsuch’s music. The Fourth Circuit has ruled, and a deadlocked Supreme Court can’t stop them. The four justices who dissented in Heller are likely to adopt King’s limitations on the ruling. The four justices left alive who supported Heller are likely to agree with Traxler’s dissent.

Soon to be deadlocked no more ...

FoxNews Aug 4, 2017

Supreme Court's next big gun control case? Post-Newtown laws face new scrutiny

Andrew Turner suffers from partial paralysis in his dominant hand, the legacy of an injury to his right arm while on active duty in the Navy – which is why, according to court papers, the Maryland resident needs a semiautomatic gun to defend himself.

The state’s 2013 Firearm Safety Act, however, bars the sale of semiautomatic rifles like the popular AR-15 and AK-47, and sets a 10-round limit on magazines. The law could be at the center of the next big precedent-setting gun case if the Supreme Court takes up a challenge from Turner and others.

But Turner, of Hyattsville, and lead plaintiff Stephen Kolbe of Towson, Md., along with gun stores and gun-rights groups, are suing to overturn the Maryland law. They are specifically disputing a lower court ruling that said the Second Amendment doesn’t apply to these guns.

“Maryland has banned the most popular semiautomatic rifles and magazines—arms that are indisputably in common use for self-defense—from the homes of its law-abiding citizens,” the plaintiffs’ petition said.

Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh’s office declined to weigh in on whether the Supreme Court would accept the case. “The court has not even decided to take the case at this point and our office does not want to get into speculation on consequences, particularly since this is ongoing litigation,” Frosh spokeswoman Raquel Coombs told Fox News in an email.

After the 4th Circuit upheld the law in February, Frosh heralded the ruling.

“It is unthinkable that these weapons of war, weapons that caused the carnage in Newtown and in other communities across the country, would be protected by the Second Amendment,” Frosh said in a February statement.

Eat chit and choke chump ... :mad54:

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I too would much rather wait until the SC is more aligned in our favor.

Might be risky ...

The DemocRATs in Congress are out for Trump's blood and there's no guarantee that RBG or Kennedy will retire and/or their replacement be confirmed before an embroiled Trump names successor(s). This has become yet another part of the reason they want to take down Trump ... 2A is a mere by-product. There's also rumors that Thomas is considering leaving, adding another uncertainty.

Heller won with a 5/4 vote, even if Frosh weasel words the ruling as he has in challenging it with FSA 2013. Recent lower court rulings have weakened his case and strengthened ours.

Attachments

• Kolbe.jpg
      Kolbe.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 309
    Last edited:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    The article could have used a better quote from the NRA. “We are hopeful that the Supreme Court will reverse this egregious decision”, just seems generic to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom