• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoJoy99

Apr 28, 2018
    Fort Washington
    I was wondering if anyone in PG or Chuck county has some 300blk cast boolits for subsonic plinking? trying to determine if it is worth the effort before I got another mold.
    I have and can offer lead (WW and soft lead) in return.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Depends on your OCD. I too often find people use Ammo and Bullets interchangeably, so I often will write/text boolits to denote the projectiles instead of the loaded ammo. YMMV :thumbsup:

No correction was needed.

Boolits (CB's)= Cast projectiles
    Bullets (JB's)= Jacketed projectiles

In any case we knew what the OP meant.

OP,
    I cast 150 gr for my 300 BO rounds which wouldn't work well for sub-sonic. You can pick up a Lee 230 gr .309 mold at Midway for $22 plus tax and shipping. That's a pretty inexpensive way to make all the boolits you want:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010217751?pid=938614

:thumbsup:

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    IMHO, if someone says something and I can correctly gather what they mean, I consider the exchange to be properly language-d

kay paso?

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    Frankly when a member who has posted 24 times in the past 3 years starts correcting another member’s spelling - that’s uncalled for.

:sad20:

Ah, but call a magazine a clip and see what happens...

I've loaded and shot thousands of cast lead bullets. I just don't get the cutesy spelling, but if you all like it, okay.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Ah, but call a magazine a clip and see what happens...

I've loaded and shot thousands of cast lead bullets. I just don't get the cutesy spelling, but if you all like it, okay.

I don't do the oo thing myself but as mentioned, just some friendly advice, as mentioned, right or wrong, but those with low post counts who go around correcting others is going to get slapped around. Sometimes this forum can be a tough crowd.

Back to the OP,
    I have a Lee 230gr mold. I don't have any that is not already powder coated and gas checked. but are you looking for some plain casted that you will lube up or powder coat? Not sure when I will be molding in the next couple of weeks but I can save you some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom