• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I just found out that Hi Point is finally making a 10mm carbine. I cant wait for this thing to hit the market, its going to be an awesome deer rifle for the thick woods i hunt in :party29:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 1,568

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Just what I need. Another Hi-Point carbine in a caliber I don't reload - yet.

As if .380. 9mm, .40 and .45 weren't enough Monkey Gun carbines already.

What's next, a 357 SIG?

:banghead:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Just what I need. Another Hi-Point carbine in a caliber I don't reload - yet.

As if .380. 9mm, .40 and .45 weren't enough Monkey Gun carbines already.

What's next, a 357 SIG?

:banghead:

I know me too. I've wanted a 10mm Hi Point for so long, i'll be the first in line. :thumbsup:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Can you shoot 40 S&W out of a 10mm?

I've never tried it. Depends on the gun. Best case scenario, you get a lot of throat erosion and lots of free bore, maybe poor accuracy. Worst case scenario firing pin breaks or .40 does not chamber correctly and boom! Revolvers, probably. Glocks, maybe. Colt Delta 10mm or Bren Ten, I would not.

Hi-points, I am guessing no bueno.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Can you shoot 40 S&W out of a 10mm?

I've never tried it. Depends on the gun. Best case scenario, you get a lot of throat erosion and lots of free bore, maybe poor accuracy. Worst case scenario firing pin breaks or .40 does not chamber correctly and boom! Revolvers, probably. Glocks, maybe. Colt Delta 10mm or Bren Ten, I would not.

My bet is danb is correct. Besides, a Hi-Point in 40 cal is a cheap fun plinking Monkey Gun too. Might as well get both a 10mm and a 40.
    :thumbsup:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    They won't be able to keep these carbines in stock. They will get like .22LR--bought up to resell on the Gunbroker for $100 above MSRP

I suspect that's true at first. I do wonder if proprietary mags amd high ammo cost will keep some casual buyers away.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County

I was just wondering if it was 38 Special/357 Magnum scenario.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I was just wondering if it was 38 Special/357 Magnum scenario.

No, not exactly. You could shoot 38 in a .357 chamber all day long, but....

The difference is rimmed versus rimless cases.

The auto pistol cartridges .40/10mm, headspace on the case mouth, so yeah you could theoretically shoot a .40 in a 10mm chamber, but the only thing holding your .40 case in place in a 10 mm chamber is the extractor, not only is that pretty lousy for accuracy, but potentially dangerous as well. I wouldn't recommend it.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    How hard is it to swap barrels? If I swapped out the 10mm barrel from my 1911 for a 40 barrel, it will work just fine. But with that line of thinking, I'd rather get separate rifles in each caliber. I've been told by other PCC makers that 10mm is too much for a straight blow back action.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    The barrel is cast into the receiver. One of mine came loose enough that it would rotate slightly and the factory remediation was to pin it.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Now you have me wondering. It's been a while since I had one apart. I know there was a chunk of pot metal cast to the barrel that held it in place and my memory wants to say it was attached to the S/N lug but I'm probably wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom