AR Underfolder Adapter for Pistol Buffer Tube?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    I'm probably not the first to post this up on here, but I really want to find out who made this adapter:

bda7ea89622e67411a1768436ec14c25.jpg

ad106cdd40124bd9221f48eed7d96ab9.jpg

This would totally be the reason I get some SBR's setup.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    The only searches I get (including the Google Image search where you search with an image instead of text) brings up a few sites, but a lot are just Pintrest... One has a link to I think was Calguns and the guy who posted the link said it was a prototype, but they didn't mention from what company. Underfolder + AR searches generally come up with adapters for AK's to allow them to use AR stocks... Only two images I found on the net were the ones I posted...

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    If it's built to a MD regulated 29 OAL (with the stock extended) it should be OK. The configuration that it sits in this pic is a no no for sure, but I'm using it as a reference for the stock itself. If it's a registered SBR with a minimum 10" barrel I don't see a problem, as well if it's a 16"+ setup or a pre 2013 registered SBR where the 29 OAL rules do not apply.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I found a member on 300blktalk that seems to know about it, and dropped him a PM. I'll let you know if he responds. It's sort of a niche item so it may not have gotten past the prototype stage.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Is there a thread you can link to? Or are the pics just the ones I posted and the info very generic. It might have been the 300lktalk forum I found via the Google Image search rather than Calguns.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Looks like you would have to drop the mag to fold/unfold it. And is that a shorter than usual pistol buffer tube?

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Yep, that was the thread I found earlier today. Let me know what you find. I might have to go through and spend sometime at my buddies machine shop otherwise...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Looks like you would have to drop the mag to fold/unfold it. And is that a shorter than usual pistol buffer tube?

Possibly, if the guy put in the work - then I'm sure he designed enough room into it to be able to fold/unfold w/magazine inserted - like a true underfolder.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

Looks like it would clear the mag to me . The ak mags stick out even further than the ar and they clear.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Why go under? Get the Law tactical side folding adapter.

Because you can't fire the gun with the law tactical folded. You can the underfolder. The only side folder I'm aware of that can fire from the stock being folded sideways is the ZM tactical upper and stock. There may be others. But that's the only 1 I'm aware of.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Looks like a PDW buffer tube. The stock is attached below the tube. Looks like they removed the H&K telescoping stock to do this. Interesting concept.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    This is very interesting. It would give another option over a side folder (evil feature). I suppose someone with some mechanical/engineering aptitude and some as folder parts could come up with something.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD

Looks like it would clear the mag to me . The ak mags stick out even further than the ar and they clear.

It will clear with a standard capacity mag per the thread that DutchV posted.

Because you can't fire the gun with the law tactical folded. You can the underfolder. The only side folder I'm aware of that can fire from the stock being folded sideways is the ZM tactical upper and stock. There may be others. But that's the only 1 I'm aware of.

Ding ding ding, winner winner chicken dinner. I like how this is sorta PDW/CQB and allows for quick use from a tight storage location. There are a few uppers, but the ZM Tactical is the most prolific on the web via a quick search. KAC made a PDW, but the upper is not compatible with the AR15 lower. The others include the Faxon Firearms ARAK upper (pricey as hell), Sig MCX (full rifle availability), RRA PDS Pistol (can be SBR'd), and the Serbu SU-15 (full rifle availability.)

Looks like a PDW buffer tube. The stock is attached below the tube. Looks like they removed the H&K telescoping stock to do this. Interesting concept.

No full details on the buffer tube that I can fine. It's definitely a PDW style, but I'm unsure if it was pulled from an off the shelf item or a modified pistol tube.

This is very interesting. It would give another option over a side folder (evil feature). I suppose someone with some mechanical/engineering aptitude and some as folder parts could come up with something.

Once I find a donor underfolder that I can use for measurements then I've got a design. Just need to find a place that I can get it fabbed up at. Talked to my friend with a machine shop and he said it can be done on a mill, but the cuts in the design I have in mind require a slitting saw smaller than he has tooling for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom