• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    funny mine runs just fine, is accurate and is MD legal like you asked. You must have gotten a Bad one or something to try out

15 M-14's ran through my hands. Best group I managed was 3" at 100 yards. I regularly shoot M193 in a 1.5 MOA ish circle. Different days, different conditions, all matchish ammo. (AKA not Tulammo or Wolf) M118LR or equivalent.

3" group was a very new Socom M1A 16" that I fired single shot (not by choice it was having feeding issues).

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    15 M-14's ran through my hands. Best group I managed was 3" at 100 yards. I regularly shoot M193 in a 1.5 MOA ish circle. Different days, different conditions, all matchish ammo. (AKA not Tulammo or Wolf) M118LR or equivalent.

3" group was a very new Socom M1A 16" that I fired single shot (not by choice it was having feeding issues).

I regularly get 2" groups with surplus RG ammo @ 100 yds with the factory iron sights on my Springfield M1A.
    Probably fired over 3,500 rds through that rifle and had two FTF issues. Both times were with the same cheap aftermarket non- mil spec mag.

Feb 28, 2013
    I regularly get 2" groups with surplus RG ammo @ 100 yds with the factory iron sights on my Springfield M1A.
    Probably fired over 3,500 rds through that rifle and had two FTF issues. Both times were with the same cheap aftermarket non- mil spec mag.

That's about what mine does. I'm good with that. It ain't like I'm gonna take it to the sandbox and try and pick off Allah's disciples from half a mile away. :)

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

M193 is not 7.62 nato or .308, your gonna have different things going on. I shoot pennies with My AR's in 556, I dont expect that from the Poly tech. Especially not with irons but i can put the majority into the 2inch sticker at 100 with little trouble.

Last edited:

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Bit of a wildcard, but what about an FAL pistol + brace? Atlantic has a few versions, but not sure which if any are on the roster. Just a thought.

No. A cheekweld IMHO is essential for properly using a .30 cal. While I can shoot Mosins and shotguns one handed with no issues for proper use of a battle rifle three points of contact are necessary.

AR pistols and MP5 ish pistols are wonderful guns if you know how to work em but suffer at distance ballistically.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    M193 is not 7.62 nato or .308, your gonna have different things going on. I shoot pennies with My AR's in 556, I dont expect that from the Poly tech. Especially not with irons but i can put the majority into the 2inch sticker at 100 with little trouble.

I learned riflery (is that even a word) lessons from a USMC Vietnam veteran on an M1 Garand. I know how those guns work and how you need to work around them. I simply used M193 as an example so you can tell I know what I'm doing.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    When i think of the AR platform, i have always called them boringly accurate. Im not sure How the AR10 is, but ive always thought that the AR15 rifles are very accurate for me. There comes a point when im shooting one and have just dialed it in that I stick something down there about 1inch in size. shoot it a bunch of times and go, Ok im done. no more point in shooting it. I personally prefer to shoot older rifles with iron sights for this reason.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a PTR-91. If you can find a well-built CETME you like - then these are fun to shoot. Not the greatest ergos or trigger though compared to other offerings. Honestly - if I were to get another semi-auto 308, it would be SCAR 17.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I was looking for a DPMS 3g1 for a while and then gave up. I haven't messed with the G2 yet but it was seeming to take it for bang for the buck.

I wish PSA 308s had better reviews, you could snag one of their 18" models with a Midwest gen 2 rail and slap a lower together and have a rifle for right at 1k shipped plus FFL. I was just reading about people having issues with aftermarket triggers not fitting and rumors are going around that there QA has been going down hill since they have upped production so much. I haven't first hand experienced it but it does make sense and it seems every other order im missing parts out of parts kits and what not.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Save up and get the scar. It's far simpler than the rest and its accuracy is excellent.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Do you have a Polytech? If so, how do you like it? I bought one during the panic when I couldn't find an M1A any place in MD. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I have gun nut friends in NC who said they were good to go.

Soul Rebel

Mar 8, 2013
    Yugoslavian m77 , ironwood stock and modifed m14 mags.

csspecs is working on their second run of M77 mags designed from the ground up for the M77. i got a couple from the first run and the quality is incredible. i tried the modified M14 mags and i couldn't get them to run reliably although lots of people have. IMHO, for the price the M77 with some of the csspecs mags cant be beat. lots of fun to shoot too!

ETA: csspecs will ship to an out of state address for the 20rnd mags. but 10rnd mags should be available in the next month or so.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    + 1 for the M77

1 stock and one not so stock:D

Attachments

• 20150203_194609.jpg
      20150203_194609.jpg
      106.5 KB · Views: 826

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts