• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Wish I could.

I have some things not allowed at my regular range and am itching to let them see the light of day.

rtodd1586

Sep 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie, Maryland
    I am going to need to get something I can shoot at a closer indoor range, I cant find a indoor place for my AR plus I have an AK at Barts on the 7 day waiting period....

Last edited:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I am going to need to get something I can shoot at a closer indoor range, I cant find a indoor place for my AR plus I have an AK at Barts on the 7 day waiting period....

At Free State in White Marsh you can shoot 5.56 and 7.62x39. Granted it is only 25 yards, but you can practice.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    One thing, they do not allow steel jacketed or steel cored ammo. Stuff like Wolf 7.62x39 is a no no, so you have to buy more expensive ammo.

And no loaded mags. Sorry, but that will probably kill it for me. I like to load my mags before I go, especially if I'm going to be shooting a lot. Hate loading mags while at the range.

Im sure its a nice range though. I might check it out if I'm just going to put a box or two of ammo through something.

Mildot

Nov 23, 2011
    Arnold, MD
    rtodd1586, looks like it was a nice day to hit range, wish I could do weekdays again.

Mdeng, Maybe we'll see you there tomorrow if you make it, I plan to head over in the morning.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We are planning on going on Sunday ... probably wearing our MSI hoodies. We are easy to pick out.

Doberdad

Feb 23, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    We are planning on going on Sunday ... probably wearing our MSI hoodies. We are easy to pick out.

We'll be out there Sunday too. Got a new (to me) HK .45 to try out - thanks Lou! We'll be the group of 4 down on the pistol range. Got two friends coming from the Western Shore which means we'll have a variety of handguns in a few different calibers.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    We are loading up the car now, it's a two hour drive if we don't make any stops. Hopefully we will be there around 9AM when they open. See you all there.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    You can shoot them with lead tipped ammo only no fmj

?

Is there a restriction at DSC? I see that they have updated their website, but I did not see an ammo restriction other than nothing bigger than .50 ... and no night shoot beyond 50. I guess my stop sign is retired.:shocked4:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    ?

Is there a restriction at DSC? I see that they have updated their website, but I did not see an ammo restriction other than nothing bigger than .50 ... and no night shoot beyond 50. I guess my stop sign is retired.:shocked4:

No restriction at DSC, they are talking about Free State.

The wife and I got there around 11AM due to a few stops and car problems. Had a great say at the range and it was great to have the wife with me enjoying herself.

She spent most of her time shooting an AR carbine but she gave the SBR'd 300 Blk and 5.56 AR and Loved them! Now I don't have to explain why I want another. The look on her face when she sent a pumpkin flying thru the air at 100 yards was priceless. Here's a pic of her shooting the 300 BLK SBR.

And a pic of my 200 Yard target shot with an Armilite AR10 SS that a friend asked me to sight in.

Attachments

• 2012-11-10_15-12-57_81.jpg
      2012-11-10_15-12-57_81.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 101
    • 2012-11-10_13-36-49_94.jpg
      2012-11-10_13-36-49_94.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 87

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    No restriction at DSC, they are talking about Free State.

The wife and I got there around 11AM due to a few stops and car problems. Had a great say at the range and it was great to have the wife with me enjoying herself.

She spent most of her time shooting an AR carbine but she gave the SBR'd 300 Blk and 5.56 AR and Loved them! Now I don't have to explain why I want another. The look on her face when she sent a pumpkin flying thru the air at 100 yards was priceless. Here's a pic of her shooting the 300 BLK SBR.

And a pic of my 200 Yard target shot with an Armilite AR10 SS that a friend asked me to sight in.

good shooting,was nice meeting you there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom