• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    Thanks to Polecat I won a S&W Sport at the NRA Dinner. It has a bull barrel with no flash suppressor (loud and bright). I want to switch out the barrel and wondered what caliber to put in it. What do you all think, 500, 6.8? Might be fun to try something new. Hopefully the 308 parts will be in soon and I can finish it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    6.8 would be fun for hunting, reloading would still be preferrable though for 6.8 IMO.

300 BLK would also fit that bill nicely.

There's so many options it's really your own preferrence at this point.

Of course there's always the .40S&W Gas-Piston angle you could consider too, just don't expect Clandestine to be thrilled about it though. :lol2:

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Thanks to Polecat I won a S&W Sport at the NRA Dinner. It has a bull barrel with no flash suppressor (loud and bright). I want to switch out the barrel and wondered what caliber to put in it. What do you all think, 500, 6.8? Might be fun to try something new. Hopefully the 308 parts will be in soon and I can finish it.

You are most welcome. I think you should give it to me! :innocent0
    Yea, I didn't think you would..But you still owe me...:D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I know, I know - Give it to me!!, I'm upper-less while mine's being worked on at the factory... - wait - considering my history right now, you better hang onto it. :o :lol2:

CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    It shoots really well, so maybe Chad can thread that barrel first and I will put a comp on it. That is unless I see a barrel at a good price.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I would use it as a rifle to do all the dumb shit you wouldnt do with your own rifle. Throw it in the mud, water, test the hell out of it, try to break it. Just my idea.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the free Glock I won in "Glocktober"... Tomorrow I mail my certificate for a G34 gen 4..... Only took me 5 months to make up my mind....

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Go with a "Hello Kitty" theme :D

hello_kitty_ar.jpg

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It shoots really well, so maybe Chad can thread that barrel first and I will put a comp on it. That is unless I see a barrel at a good price.

I can take care of you. I can do the job for you at a good price.

I can also chop the FSB and you can put a FF Rail system on it while I have the barrel off.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I'll give you $100 for it. I'll even pay the transfer fee. :lol:

The 34 gen 4 did not come as one of the "FREE" choices-- it was $110 to upgrade... I finally decided to not look a gift horse in the mouth and try out the G34 for a while... My next items on the "Not Available" waiting list are the M & P Pro (5") and the Springfield Loaded 9mm 1911....... I just got tired of waiting for them and the possibility of a "trade"..... You'll be the first I call though if I ever want to sell it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom