• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I am thinking of taking the Utah carry class soon. After taking the class do you have to do anything else to get the permit? I'm guessing fingerprinting and background check just like an HQL.

How long does it take to get approved or denied?

Jliggo

Feb 6, 2013
    Just got mine in the mail today!! They say 60days from check cashing for notification of denial or card. It took 48 days for me. I took the course with DPS and they took the fingerprints and photos and gave me a self addressed envelope to put it all in. All I had to do was add the check and wait!!

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I have mine too. Don't ever use it now since PA won't accept it. But I guess VA and DE still do.. Congrats....
    Yep, I don't think I'll ever use it but Hillary is getting elected and I think our rights will not only be in danger but will be gone all together. I want to get it before its gone. Maybe, just maybe, people who have the carry permit will be grandfathered in before Hillary, the next liberal congress, and the liberal supreme court abolish the second amendment.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Who holds these classes in and around Baltimore and Harford Counties? I'd like to take the course.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I am thinking of taking the Utah carry class soon. After taking the class do you have to do anything else to get the permit? I'm guessing fingerprinting and background check just like an HQL.

How long does it take to get approved or denied?

Check if MDS member MDeng is doing a class soon. it's one stop shopping. He has the fingerprinting set up in class. Although it was a few years ago, I don't remember having to do anything else other than wait for my permit to show up in the mail.

(If I remember correctly, after the training, they do the photography, you fill out necessary paperwork, and they give you the envelope to put it all into. Then they mailed them out in bulk for us.)

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Who holds these classes in and around Baltimore and Harford Counties? I'd like to take the course.

I took mine at Dukes Defense over near 2A in Jessup. Everything was done by the time you leave the class. All you have to do is mail it. There is probably someone closer to you though.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Get a NH NR permit. good in PA. you no longer need a home state permit. leave the space blank. they will issue without it.

60 bucks

I took mine at AGC. I believe they still have the classes regularly. The trainers were great. I carry whenever I go to VA. Had one accidental run in with an officer in VA when the butt of the grip peeked out from my shirt leaning in the car. All he did was request to see my HQL and make no sudden movements. Confirmed it was legit and sent me on my way.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    VA is an open carry state. Your gun protruding is not illegal.

An HQL is not a license to carry anywhere. It is a MD requirement to purchase.

IANAL but the mere carrying of a firearm is not PC for a stop by LE.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    i just got mine last month 60 bucks for the NH NR. no prints either.

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html

I still don't see it??? On the back of the non-resident application is states the fee is $100.

OP, I took my Utah class at Freestate in Middle River. The fee is $100 for the class plus $49 for the actual Utah permit. Freestate does everything including the photo, prints and mails the package. Bryan Fletcher is an excellent instructor:thumbsup:

http://www.freestategunrange.com/training

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    oops my mistake sorry. it's ME that is 60 bucks. but no prints required. mine took 30 days

my sincerest apologies

No problem! I figured that might have been why Eruby and mine might have taken a little longer. Thought maybe the NHSP went out to lunch on the extra $80 between the two of us!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom