• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    Hello everyone

New to the group current owner of several hand guns. CZ P10C, Ruger Security 9 (for the Mrs.), S&W SD9, and a SIG P320 M17.

I want to start customizing my CZ P10c and the S&W SD9, any help would be appreciated. I’m located in PG county will travel to Charles or St. Mary’s or Anarundle or Calvert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    Customizing means what? replace the grip? sights? trigger? barrel? or turn it into a double stack 1911?

I like the grip, looking at sights, creakote, trigger. What’s a double stack 1911?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I like the grip, looking at sights, creakote, trigger. What’s a double stack 1911?

A double stack 1911 is what they call a 2011. Lower frame is an STI, or Para, or similar.
    This uses a double stack STI frame but it happens to have been built as a rimfire racegun.

Kurt Grimes-2.jpg

or this, but either could have been built as a 9mm or 38 Super also.

Kurt Grimes-1911-22.jpg

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    A double stack 1911 is what they call a 2011. Lower frame is an STI, or Para, or similar.

This uses a double stack STI frame but it happens to have been built as a rimfire racegun.

View attachment 244018

That’s more than I want to do. Looking at trigger speed, recoil response, and color combinations.

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018

View attachment 244018

That’s more than I want to do. Looking at trigger speed, recoil response, and color combinations.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I did all my own on my Glock 34 racegun, installation wise.. Complete Zev fulcrum trigger kit, Lone Wolf ported barrel, extended mag release, Trijicon RMR, SJC thumbrest, slide racker, Zev mag funnel, etc. Then I took the old stock barrel and built a new slide assembly around it so I could shoot iron sights in Limited division. I can mix and match for Carry Optics division also. I don't do 1911/2011 mods myself as many of those need gunsmithing for optimum performance. I have built custom Ruger and Browning rimfires myself. In fact all my .22 competition pistols and rifles I built from scratch myself (PCC carbines also). Also all my 3-gun gear shotguns and ARs. Anything that requires machining I send out as I don't have a lathe or mill.

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018

View attachment 244018

or this, but either could have been built as a 9mm or 38 Super also.

View attachment 244019

These are WAY beyond what I’m looking for. They are nice as hell though. My hand guns are for home protection and CCW.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Ppsi it takes to pull the trigger, I was told you could reduce it, which correlates to trigger speed.

"Lighten" the trigger and reduce travel are the terms you are looking for.

Truthfully, I dont recommend this for a home defense gun or CCW. All the guns you mention in your OP are capable of minute of bad guy at 25 yards if you do your part, no modifications. When the adrenaline is flowing in a SHTF scenario you dont want an accident. You really do want a medium heavy trigger for safety. Most defensive encounters are 10 yards or less and these are plenty accurate for that. CZ P10C has a pretty good trigger already.

I am an amateur, but I guarantee I can shoot fast and accurate with the CZ P10C or any of those guns all day. What you need is practice, not mods. Rather than mods, I recommend a laser dry fire trainer where you can practice without wasting ammo or developing bad habits related to recoil anticipation.

Now, if you want a competition target pistol, start with a CZ Shadow or something which already has the upgrades. But I can still shoot better with my unmodified CZ or your CZ p10C than many people I see with race guns.

Grips you can do yourself, easy peasy.

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    "Lighten" the trigger and reduce travel are the terms you are looking for.

Truthfully, I dont recommend this for a home defense gun or CCW. All the guns you mention in your OP are capable of minute of bad guy at 25 yards if you do your part, no modifications. When the adrenaline is flowing in a SHTF scenario you dont want an accident. You really do want a medium heavy trigger for safety. Most defensive encounters are 10 yards or less and these are plenty accurate for that. CZ P10C has a pretty good trigger already.

I am an amateur, but I guarantee I can shoot fast and accurate with the CZ P10C or any of those guns all day. What you need is practice, not mods. Rather than mods, I recommend a laser dry fire trainer where you can practice without wasting ammo or developing bad habits related to recoil anticipation.

Now, if you want a competition target pistol, start with a CZ Shadow or something which already has the upgrades. But I can still shoot better with my unmodified CZ or your CZ p10C than many people I see with race guns.

Grips you can do yourself, easy peasy.

Thank you. For your input. You mentioned a laser dry fire trainer. Where would I find that or person?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Thank you. For your input. You mentioned a laser dry fire trainer. Where would I find that or person?

There are a lot of products, software, and target set ups.

The two most popular in my opinion are LaserLyte and LaserAmmo
    https://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-trainer-cartridge-training-centered/dp/B004NKY23E

https://www.amazon.com/Laser-Ammo-9...laser+ammo&dpPl=1&dpID=31JvekikKBL&ref=plSrch

You can get the fancy software and targets and score system. but you really only need the cartridge and you can make your own target and see the dot visually.

Truthaboutguns has some good articles on it too:
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-to-improve-your-shooting-guns-for-beginners/

If you only have one caliber (9mm) both are about the same. Laser Ammo is more expensive initially, but more versatile and ultimately cheaper if you have multiple calibers because there are other end caps for .40, 10mm, and 357.

If you search on TTAG "laser dry fire" some reviews will come up for various products.

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    There are a lot of products, software, and target set ups.

The two most popular in my opinion are LaserLyte and LaserAmmo

https://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-trainer-cartridge-training-centered/dp/B004NKY23E

https://www.amazon.com/Laser-Ammo-9...laser+ammo&dpPl=1&dpID=31JvekikKBL&ref=plSrch

You can get the fancy software and targets, but you really only need the cartridge and you can make your own target and see the dot visually.

Truthaboutguns has some good articles on it too:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-to-improve-your-shooting-guns-for-beginners/

If you search on TTAG "laser dry fire" some reviews will come up for various products.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom