• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    NRATV's Cam Edwards just released this fiery article on how Maryland's legislature has its priorities in the wrong places while Baltimore struggles with increasing violence.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/...nd-politicians-fiddle-while-baltimore-burns/#

Excerpt:

Yes, a murder a day—yet the politicians in Annapolis are more concerned about the possibility of a concealed-carry licensee legally carrying on a college campus. Not a single college or university in the state actually allows for campus carry, but banning something that doesn’t happen is apparently more important than actually taking on the rising tide of violent crime in Charm City.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    NRATV's Cam Edwards just released this fiery article on how Maryland's legislature has its priorities in the wrong places while Baltimore struggles with increasing violence.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/...nd-politicians-fiddle-while-baltimore-burns/#

Excerpt:

They want to draw attention away from their failures, seek legislative victories they think they can force through, and don't give a whit about those that will be affected as long as they can keep their jobs. Political creatures are the ultimate narcissists. Fixing the problems of Baltimore might take politically risky moves and might make their careers attached with a failure.

(and good write-up by Cam Edwards :thumbsup: )

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This is my surprised face :|

hey, maybe all we need is one more law. on black powder rifles.

The real problem here is that this state has been so gerrymandered Dems dont even have competition. Your choices are left and lefter, and the only voting happens with feet.

Next 4 years will be worse than the 4 before Hogan. Marylands only resource, the Feral Govt, is tapped out.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    This is my surprised face :|

hey, maybe all we need is one more law. on black powder rifles.

The real problem here is that this state has been so gerrymandered Dems dont even have competition. Your choices are left and lefter, and the only voting happens with feet.

Next 4 years will be worse than the 4 before Hogan. Marylands only resource, the Feral Govt, is tapped out.

Maybe Baltimore needs to be absorbed by 3 counties and I bet the crime dips immediately. Things just are not working to protect the citizens in that city and killers are running the show. It's a tragic what's happening to people in that city.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Maybe Baltimore needs to be absorbed by 3 counties and I bet the crime dips immediately. Things just are not working to protect the citizens in that city and killers are running the show. It's a tragic what's happening to people in that city.

I'm sure the residents of those three counties would say..."No thanks".

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    I'm sure the residents of those three counties would say..."No thanks".

I agree but, what difference does it make? We're still feeling the effect in the surrounding counties, still dealing with the crime that city brings. At least we would be able to hold these people accountable. During the riots all the surrounding counties sent officers to the city to restore order. Who put the money up for that? The various jurisdictions did. Baltimore draws an immense amount of financial resources from the the state that other counties would also benefit from. Baltimore is not just a Baltimore problem, it's a Maryland problem.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I agree but, what difference does it make? We're still feeling the effect in the surrounding counties, still dealing with the crime that city brings. At least we would be able to hold these people accountable. During the riots all the surrounding counties sent officers to the city to restore order. Who put the money up for that? The various jurisdictions did. Baltimore draws an immense amount of financial resources from the the state that other counties would also benefit from. Baltimore is not just a Baltimore problem, it's a Maryland problem.

I concur that Baltimore is a Maryland problem but only because the state has allowed it to be one. If the state didn't pour good money after bad into it Baltimore would have fixed itself already.

The jail (only state ran/paid for local jail in the state), Schools (although the state props up every school jurisdiction), MTA (most of it is in the city), and various other financially failed "gifts" all land on the State coffers.

Both the state and the Fed's should cut off Baltimore until it fixes itself. It doesn't need to burden the local counties in the process. If the folks stopped getting their handouts until murders were under 100 a year it should shape up quickly. If not it would be a good 21st century social experiment for the rest of the local governments that Democrats have had 50+ years of running and ruining.

It's bad enough there are tax funded programs to relocate the citizens of Baltimore to the surrounding counties.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

I doubt that getting absorbed by Baltimore County would do anything more than dilute the stats.

Some neighborhoods of Baltimore need a good carpet bombing followed by a Marshall plan.

DE21740

Dec 2, 2016
    thank god i live in washington county :D

i'd love to see the western half of maryland become it's own state.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Nothing is going to change in Baltimore City. And it's not just the politicians either, pathetic though they may be. When 8 of 10 2016 mayoral votes were cast for either Pugh or Dixon, that tells me all I need to know. Baltimore residents can't wait to vote Democratic. The city council races were worse yet.

There's simply no polishing this turd. Not when most city residents see Baltimore's status quo as being just fine.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I concur that Baltimore is a Maryland problem but only because the state has allowed it to be one. If the state didn't pour good money after bad into it Baltimore would have fixed itself already.

The jail (only state ran/paid for local jail in the state), Schools (although the state props up every school jurisdiction), MTA (most of it is in the city), and various other financially failed "gifts" all land on the State coffers.

Both the state and the Fed's should cut off Baltimore until it fixes itself. It doesn't need to burden the local counties in the process. If the folks stopped getting their handouts until murders were under 100 a year it should shape up quickly. If not it would be a good 21st century social experiment for the rest of the local governments that Democrats have had 50+ years of running and ruining.

It's bad enough there are tax funded programs to relocate the citizens of Baltimore to the surrounding counties.

Isn't Bawdimore a Sanctuary City? Bye bye Federal $$$. It's a start.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    To say their priorities are in the wrong place is assuming their goals are the same as yours.

Nailed it. Their number one goal is to get re-elected. Their number two goal is to get more power, both personally and for the party. Once they and the party have the power, they want to use it to control every facet of the lives of their serfs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom