• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I have Murray's pins in all of my SKS rifles.

Slam-fires CAN and DO happen. Murray pins are cheap insurance to prevent a possible accident. Anything can fail, but why not try and limit a potential problem?

As one previous poster said, just save the original parts and you can always fall back if the need arises. I clean my weapons, but I don't want to spend all of my time worrying about how well I cleaned them.

Murray pin = piece of mind.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Murray Pins

I have Murray's pins in all of my SKS rifles.

Slam-fires CAN and DO happen. Murray pins are cheap insurance to prevent a possible accident. Anything can fail, but why not try and limit a potential problem?

As one previous poster said, just save the original parts and you can always fall back if the need arises. I clean my weapons, but I don't want to spend all of my time worrying about how well I cleaned them.

Murray pin = piece of mind.

Did you install the fix yourself or have a gunsmith do it? What gunsmith could you recommend to do the work?

CFCE

Nov 23, 2012
    St. Mary's Co.
    You can install yourself. But save some money, get pipe cleaners and clean clean clean and then clean again down to the molecullar level especially if this is the first time you have cleaned it. Cosmoline reproduces and fills every available void.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    small parts can be dropped into boiling water for a little while. the cosmoline will melt from the temp and rise to rest atop the water.

don't do it in your favorite pasta pan though...and make sure you have a good amount of wd40 or clp handy to bathe it in afterward, maybe compressed air to dry it off quickly and well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom