• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Need to ban a 10 Rd mag.
    It's painful to load, empties quick and gets replaced with a trip to any state.
    10rd mags should be banned.
    Min. 25
    Imo

10 round mags have their place. Certain bolt guns and .50 BMG all need 10 round mags.

Can you imagine a Barret with a 25rnd mag hanging off it? I doubt you could shoot it prone.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    10 round mags have their place. Certain bolt guns and .50 BMG all need 10 round mags.

Can you imagine a Barret with a 25rnd mag hanging off it? I doubt you could shoot it prone.

I use empty 10 rounder for my AR at the range and load manually into the chamber usually. Slows me down and makes me think about each shot. No need for a 20 or 30 to hang off and get in the way. Not to mention, my way is WAY cheaper. :D

Humdi

Apr 21, 2017
    Ya
    Saw a YouTube video, dude paid 15 bucs plus shipping to get a 10 Rd mag cuz now he didn't have to tilt his gun if he's leaning on thing.
    I see the point tho about thinking about every shot. ARs and big mags don't do that. Single shot is the best for that.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Ya
    Saw a YouTube video, dude paid 15 bucs plus shipping to get a 10 Rd mag cuz now he didn't have to tilt his gun if he's leaning on thing.
    I see the point tho about thinking about every shot. ARs and big mags don't do that. Single shot is the best for that.

Yep, with a bipod 30 rounders get in the way. 20s will work, but they're still unnecessary. Mag dumps and quick fire strings have their place, but not if you're shooting from the bench.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm hoping Humdi was using poorly designated sarcasm.

I can carefully concentrate on individual shots regardless of magazine capacity. The capability of performing dramatic mag dumps does not equate to a requirement to do so . Smaller capacity rifle mags, that are actually stubby in length are better for shooting from bench, and potentiality some prone positions.

Rimfire tubular mags don't have a 14rd, or any other capacity limitation.

Humdi

Apr 21, 2017
    One would have to go back to 8 years old when first learned how to shoot.
    I'm sure someone made him take one shot at a time, everything methodically.
    It's very easy to want to go Rambo at the range and empty a clip when u have 35 and it's $.05 a shot.
    Caught myself doing that last week.
    But as per the marine handbook every shot has to be sighted, aimed, controlled breathing, shot, find target again and repeat....

That's a lot of thinking on every shot. A bolt action single shot would force me to do all that. Essentially it'd be the grandpa to the 8 year old...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So 24 ( or 30) beers come in a case, and a crapload of drink equivalents come in a fifth or 1.75 of liquor . Doesn't mean you have to chug everything in one sitting.

Humdi

Apr 21, 2017
    Imagine having to think about every sip of beer.
    Aim the bottle, line up against mouth, take a few breaths, hold breath on exhale for a second to take a sip, drink, then do it all again...

I guess shooting is closer to taking shots of tequila then chugging beer down

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    If Rambo used it and they want to ban it, I'm OK with that. I could never lift an m60 off the back of a truck, let alone blow the city up.
    But when he had a 10 Rd clip at the entrance of the mine and ran out, almost got his head taken off with the bazooka.

I did just that a few days ago :innocent0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170519-110600.jpg
      Screenshot_20170519-110600.jpg
      76.3 KB · Views: 113

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads