R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Slightly OT ... McCarthy retiring

GunsSaveLives.net -
    Anti-Gunner Carolyn McCarthy to Retire from Congress

PIX11.com -
    House Democrat Carolyn McCarthy will not run for re-election

McCarthy, 70, who has served nine terms as a House Democrat from Long Island, was elected shortly after her husband was killed in a Dec. 1993 shooting on the Long Island Rail Road {Wiki}. She has been a forceful advocate for gun control. McCarthy is being treated for lung cancer.

Not to diminish her need to put her health care first, she should have retired a LONG time ago. Instead of focusing on the racist mindset of the man who killed her husband and 5 others, as well as wounding 19, McCarthy lead a crusade against inanimate objects.

From the Wiki link above ...

Police found pieces of notebook paper in Ferguson's pockets with scribbled notes with the heading "reasons for this". One of the notes referred to "racism by Caucasians and Uncle Tom Negroes". They included a reference to "the false allegations against me by the filthy Caucasian racist female on the #1 line", a reference to his February 1992 arrest. Ferguson's notes expressed anger toward the New York State Workers' Compensation Board, Asians, Governor Mario Cuomo, and "so-called civil right leaders such as the Rev. Herbert Daughtry, C. Vernon Mason, and Calvin Butts". They also included the names and telephone numbers of the Lt. Governor, the Attorney General, and the Manhattan law firm that Ferguson had previously threatened, whom he referred to as "those corrupt 'black' attorneys who not only refuse to help me but tried to steal my car". The notes indicated Ferguson planned to wait to start the killings until he was beyond the New York City limit out of respect for outgoing Mayor David Dinkins and Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly.

Talk about a single issue politician ... May she ONLY be remembered by her "barrel shroud was the shoulder thing that goes up” comment.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Couple of questions for the OP:

How do you put a barrel shroud on a pistol? (there is nothing in the law that says they are illegal on a handgun, btw)
    How will you put a barrel shroud on your M&P 15-22?

The anti's "Barrel Shroud" is nothing more than handguards, so shooters don't burn their hands :lol2:

It's almost as bad as the shoulder thing that goes up :D

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I wouldn't be surprised if that idiot called for bans on "extra big trigger guards", "assault firing pins", and "barrel holes".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom