• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InFredAble

Apr 25, 2016
    Joppa, MD
    Hey guys, I am new here so sorry if this has been answered but I was wondering if there are any gun/rifle clubs in Harford County? I am looking to join a gun club and most of what I see is in Baltimore county or they use/meet at the Marriottsville range. Are there any clubs closer to Harford county that have a club range? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I know nothing about them other than seeing the signs: North Harford Gun club, Delta Peach bottom gun club. I know there are others.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Delta Peach Bottom Fish & Game. May have some openings at the end of the month if you get on the waitlist now.

InFredAble

Apr 25, 2016
    Joppa, MD
    Thanks for the replies. I can't find much on the North Harford club and the Delta club is about the same distance from the Mariottsville range. I appreciate the info though. I've already gotten some responses from a few clubs in AGC of Baltimore, so I'll check them out. Thanks again!

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Many of us Harford county guys go to Southern Lancaster county Farmers Sportsmans Assoc. great club

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Also note that SLCFSA has their Jan meeting on Monday. I believe you can go join (assuming there are openings) and then attend one of the 'intro' sessions that are coming up.

The meeting location is not at the range due to the fire damage to the building, but instead is at the quarryville fire hall.

Erickat

Feb 1, 2018
    Harford County Gun Clubs?

I thought I'd post this again - I can't believe there isn't a local rod & reel club somewhere in Harford County - Darlington? Hereford? Churchville? I can't see having to go all the way to PA to join such a club.

Google searches don't show up much of anything - except gun ranges - not so much clubs.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Harvey Cedar Gun Club in Darlington and Aberdeen Proving Grounds for Trap Shooting. Other than that, there's nothing open to the public. Just a few farmers that let friends and family shoot on their property. However, once they start prepping for the upcoming crops, that land is off limits too.

I often thought the old landfill in Abingdon would be a great place for a range. But my requests have been met with crickets.....

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    In all honesty, Scarborough dump would be a perfect place for a trap/skeet/Sporting Clay center like PG has. Not located in housing developments, people living there are probably used to noise, minimal opposition. Considering the county downsized the Parks/Rec and how much bling PG has for Parks/Rec, it's just a dream.

I agree with others for handgun/rifle your best bet is Delta, Southern Lancaster or Hopewell in PA.

There is a game club off 165 but it's not very big and more hunting/sportsman type from what I heard.They may shoot small calibers like .22s but no actual "range" from what people told me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom