• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Sounds perfect to me. Do they have more than 100 yards distance...couldn’t see on the website?

The first club I joined at the AGC was Baltimore Rifle. They did absolutely nothing! No meeting, no events or shoots, didn't even hear from them when it was time to renew.I have heard that things are different now but, that type of club just wasn't for me. I joined Stemmers Run and in my first year, was introduced to highpower! I became addicted to the sport! I eventually became their V.P. Good people with similar interests and very helpful along the way. Later on, I joined Monumental, a very active club with some good people but, just wasn't my cup of tea. I must give Monumental kudos for their excellent junior program! I joined Chesapeake R&P because at the time, they were the dominant highpower club in the state. Became a member of their number one team and shot alongside the very best! I served as their trustee for 10 years. Eventually, the hardcore highpower guys from Chesapeake moved to Maryland Rifle Club. Since then, MRC has dominated highpower. When MRC's executive officer was diagnosed with cancer, his last request of me was that I take over his position as XO. I have served in that position since. If you are interested in highpower, Maryland Rifle Club is THE club! If you just want to join a club to be able to use the facilities, any club will do as all members have the same privileges to use the facilities.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    If you want to try full Auto you can join the MDTCA (MD Thompson Collectors Assoc.) You do not need to own a Thompson or a full auto gun to join. Lots of nice folks in the club and we do full auto shoots and specialty shoots all the time.

AR15Dave
    Certified NRA RSO/Rifle & Shotgun Instructor
    AGC/MDTCA Member

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    If you want to try full Auto you can join the MDTCA (MD Thompson Collectors Assoc.) You do not need to own a Thompson or a full auto gun to join. Lots of nice folks in the club and we do full auto shoots and specialty shoots all the time.

AR15Dave
    Certified NRA RSO/Rifle & Shotgun Instructor
    AGC/MDTCA Member

I've been an MDTCA member for two straight years, and never got a single email from them, so I never heard about the shoots "all the time." This leaves me puzzled.

Whom should I contact about this?

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I've been an MDTCA member for two straight years, and never got a single email from them, so I never heard about the shoots "all the time." This leaves me puzzled.

Contact user IMBLITZVT, he'll get things straightened out.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Check the AGC calendar, the shoots are listed there

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Every AGC Badgeholder *knows* that their target height is supposed to be set so that every round hits the impact area. That's stressed during their Range Orientation.

When targets look appropriate, we *don't* ask how they're going to shoot.

When the RSOs see a target that looks too low, we ask if they're going to be standing, sitting or prone, which will determine if the target height is or isn't appropriate.

The way I read your responses, you would rather have the RSO not say anything and then log infractions on members that are not hitting the impact area.

Isn't it a better idea to *prevent* infractions rather than have badgeholders get written up?

Do you ask to check their gun for any malfunctions, check their ammo to make sure it matches what the gun is chambered for, etc.?

The problem with some RSO's is finesse.

If you ask "Do you plan on shooting sitting or standing?" The person gives you a reply, you are alright with it, and you walk away, you leave the person wondering why the hell you bothered them in the first place.

Might be easier to just tell them, "You need to make sure that all the bullets hit the berm, so adjust your target in regard to whether you will be prone, sitting, squatting, standing, sitting on a camode, or what have you. Just wanted to let you know so I don't have to write you up."

I love me some AGC. Somebody find me the sarcasm button. Ah, there it is :sarcasm:

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    And if you don't ask and their rounds skip along the range then they have to wait until the next cease fire. 30 minutes of shooting on hold.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD

If you go to AGC website there is a page for each club. You can email one of them. I used to get the emails, but it has been a long time. I usually go to AGC website and look at the calendar and filter by club and show only MDTCA events and then go if I want.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

Contact user IMBLITZVT, he'll get things straightened out.

Check the AGC calendar, the shoots are listed there

If you go to AGC website there is a page for each club. You can email one of them. I used to get the emails, but it has been a long time. I usually go to AGC website and look at the calendar and filter by club and show only MDTCA events and then go if I want.
    Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to get on this.

rooster

Rebel looking for a cause
    Aug 1, 2010
    Eldersburg, MD
    I'm looking to join one of the associated gun clubs but I've heard some are more friendly than others in regard to modern sporting rifles. I don't want a bunch of fudds looking down their noses at me or not giving 100% support to the 2A rights of people who own them. I have never filled out a CMP affidavit and although I have no real interest in the CMP I will if required. Are there any AGCs that are more black rifle "centric" in the central MD region?
    Maryland Thompson Collector's Association (MDTCA) - We shoot full auto :)

Pittbull

Jan 28, 2013
    I have been a member of AGC for about 10 years now and each year I have become better looking and much smarter. This may not work for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom