• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    I decided to set up an 870 Wingmaster as a backup trap gun. One of the things you can do to improve the gun is to add adjustment for the comb and stock. Unfortunately for the budget minded those items can run easily up to six hundred a gun and are beyond the skill level of most of us (screw it up and the stock is firewood). I did find that Boyd's Stock , $221.00, sells both the forearm and buttstock with build in adjustments for comb and Length of Pull. I decided to try it this was the result.

Attachments

• IMGP9315.JPG
      IMGP9315.JPG
      40.3 KB · Views: 262
    • IMGP9314.JPG
      IMGP9314.JPG
      41.6 KB · Views: 266
    • IMGP9313.JPG
      IMGP9313.JPG
      43.1 KB · Views: 271
    • IMGP9311.JPG
      IMGP9311.JPG
      57.2 KB · Views: 264
    • IMGP9312.JPG
      IMGP9312.JPG
      41.9 KB · Views: 258
    • IMGP9310.JPG
      IMGP9310.JPG
      28.2 KB · Views: 264

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    That “At One” is a very good looking stock. I just replaced a factory Ruger American Predator green plastic stock with a Boyd’s At One Thumbhole stock. Really is good looking and like you said the adjustability makes a world of difference to how the rifle fits. Looking forward to getting to the range to see if it shoots better.

Word of caution # 1 (in case you haven’t found out yet): that push button for the comb adjustment will shoot across the room if you’re not careful when you pull the comb height all the way up & out.

Word of caution # 2 (to those thinking about buying one of these stocks): there isn’t a whole lot of adjustment distance overall. The comb goes up x two clicks/positions only, and the length of pull fully collapsed is really short to start with. The LOP fully extended (for me anyway) is the bare minimum that makes my rifle usable as far as fit goes, basically fully extended = factory stock regular length. If you need higher comb height or a longer LOP you may not be able to use the Boyd’s At One rifle stock, the shotgun stock may be different - however looking at the OP’s pics it looks as if his LOP is all the way extended like my rifle stock is.

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    Follow up. I shot and liked the Boyd's stock on my 870, but it worked loose for the third time, and is now in the closet and the wood stock is back on the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom