• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Hey Crew, I appreciate all the advice I have received here on this board. I don't want you to spend a lot of time with a response so a quick response is all I am looking for.

Here is the deal, I read SB281 and realize I won't be acquiring any threaded barrels in MD after October.

Thinking into the future I would like to add to my collection a .22 with a suppressor option for quiet plinking.

1. What "1" gun should I go for? I am looking at the MarkIII 22/45 at the moment. Model 10149 with the picatinny rails.

2. What do I need to do to obtain the suppressor? Class3 correct? Tips, Tricks, Best Practices, Pitfalls? Do's and Don'ts?

3. Your go to suppressor for such application?

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    You are reading the wrong SB281: SB281

Threaded barrels on handguns are okay in Maryland beyond Oct 2013. Suppressors will also likewise not be affected.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Hey Crew, I appreciate all the advice I have received here on this board. I don't want you to spend a lot of time with a response so a quick response is all I am looking for.

Here is the deal, I read SB281 and realize I won't be acquiring any threaded barrels in MD after October.

Thinking into the future I would like to add to my collection a .22 with a suppressor option for quiet plinking.

1. What "1" gun should I go for? I am looking at the MarkIII 22/45 at the moment. Model 10149 with the picatinny rails.

2. What do I need to do to obtain the suppressor? Class3 correct? Tips, Tricks, Best Practices, Pitfalls? Do's and Don'ts?

3. Your go to suppressor for such application?

The threaded barrel part of the pistol regulations was removed before the bill passed. No worries about stocking up on that particular item now. :thumbsup:

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD

That is a great choice! I have had great luck with mine. Any decent .22 can will make you happy. Here is what mine looks like suppressed:

Ruger%2022_45%20suppressed%20Right%20Side.jpg

Ruger%2022_45%20suppressed%20Left%20Side.JPG

Do it, you won't regret it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom