• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    I gambled and stayed a bit south today. No dice. Tried to work up in to eastern bay, but there were too many sailboats and go fast dingbats to make it worth it.

RebelYell

Aug 30, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    I gambled and stayed a bit south today. No dice. Tried to work up in to eastern bay, but there were too many sailboats and go fast dingbats to make it worth it.

I fished around Bloody Point and into Eastern Bay yesterday without much luck. One keeper and a few dinks. Heard the action was up at Love Point, but that was a long haul for me leaving out of Chesapeake Beach...

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    6/10/17. I caught 9 fat white perch.

Attachments

• 0610170806.jpg
      0610170806.jpg
      47.6 KB · Views: 440

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    19059771_1503880416350994_8954145016046504756_n.jpg

Using his sisters rod to catch dinner.

The cat girl isn't mine. Some people are weird with their kids online. Even more so on gun forums... so she got a cat face.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Typically I just use bloodworms or nightcrawlers. That day was nightcrawlers. Normally I bottom fish in shallow water where it's rocky or along reeds.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Typically I just use bloodworms or nightcrawlers. That day was nightcrawlers. Normally I bottom fish in shallow water where it's rocky or along reeds.

When I was a kid, we used to use a window screen and walk along the shore and strain the water for grass shrimp. It's like crack to a white perch:D

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    I fished around Bloody Point and into Eastern Bay yesterday without much luck. One keeper and a few dinks. Heard the action was up at Love Point, but that was a long haul for me leaving out of Chesapeake Beach...

That's where I left from as well. Had to play the tide game. Our Grady doesn't like the bridge.

Yesterday was a great day. 16 man limit in about 3 hours, chumming.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I live in National Harbor, have a season pass for a kayak rental place on the water. Been going out after work and tossing a line in on the Potomac right around the Wilson bridge. Been regularly catching a handful of bass, perch, and crappie each time. One of 5 bass I got yesterday:

Attachments

• IMG_1226.jpg
      IMG_1226.jpg
      89 KB · Views: 323

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I live in National Harbor, have a season pass for a kayak rental place on the water. Been going out after work and tossing a line in on the Potomac right around the Wilson bridge. Been regularly catching a handful of bass, perch, and crappie each time. One of 5 bass I got yesterday:

I really miss fishing Smoot Bay(National Harbor). If the grass ever comes back, it will be good again.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Saturday evening my wife got a call to work a crime scene so I took the opportunity to get in 45 mins of fishing and caught 3 white perch.

Sunday morning I got in 2.5 hrs of fishing. I caught 34 white perch and one striper. That was my first time catching a striper.

Attachments

• 0618170857a.jpg
      0618170857a.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 282

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Didnt have my scale but measured 19" prob around 4lbs is about the average here for this sized bass. Not my best but still a good one.

Attachments

• bass.jpg
      bass.jpg
      97.4 KB · Views: 241

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    We went out to poole's island over the weekend. We were fishing on the bottom with cut bait. I was expecting to maybe get lucky with a 22' fish. Boy was I surprised when we were hooking up with 34' plus fish all day.
    a4517e159cbadf9665b7a3893ba17fc6.jpg
    582c20ccffb5e0190defbc850fd52498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Last night went out on upper Potomac in search of Walleye and catfish. My wife kept catching eels while slow trolling a crawler harness. We managed some decent flatheads the biggest only 31" and a couple keeper walleye the biggest was 24".

Attachments

• photo0_10.jpg
      photo0_10.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 197
    • photo0_09.jpg
      photo0_09.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 203
    • photo0_08.jpg
      photo0_08.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 198

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    Last night went out on upper Potomac in search of Walleye and catfish. My wife kept catching eels while slow trolling a crawler harness. We managed some decent flatheads the biggest only 31" and a couple keeper walleye the biggest was 24".

forgive my ignorance but can you eat/keep that eel?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    You can certainly eat them but from what I understand their blood is not good for you. I may be mixing them up with another type of eel though. They are nasty buggers and they make a hell of a mess of everything they touch.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    We went out to poole's island over the weekend. We were fishing on the bottom with cut bait. I was expecting to maybe get lucky with a 22' fish. Boy was I surprised when we were hooking up with 34' plus fish all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We were talking about that today... we fished south, near Swan Pt, heard the early bite yesterday was good fish, but the tide was a little late this morning and we were catching shorts til the tide started to ebb, once it did, we caught a limit of fish in the mid 20's in about an hour... it was a melee for a while there.. :lol2:

I often fish out of Middle River, so tomorrow we may hit the Island to see if we can get in on some bigger fish closer to home.

We did stop on a shoal on the way back this morning and jigged, but we were only hooking up little fish, so we picked up and moved out. A great morning of fishing though!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Far as I know, yes.
    Fried eel is pretty damned tasty, but they are a bit of a bugger to skin. They also make great crab bait and we live line them for stripers (the little sand eels) later in the summer. Stick em in a bucket of ice, it makes em less fussy and easier to hook up. ;)

The blood of most eels is, in fact, toxic, but... cooking and digesting them kills any toxins, so as long as they are cooked, you can safely eat em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom