• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    I would like to look for housing in Jessup, MD. Does anyone have any opinions or warnings? Is there any weird gun laws that is only pertaining to Jessup like Montgomery counties and Annapolis no ammo shipping?

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    Its very expensive to live there seeing as how close you would be to 2A Sales. Not a bad area, some of the benefits of living near Columbia without the costs. Like anywhere there are places to avoid but overall its decent. YMMV

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    Its very expensive to live there seeing as how close you would be to 2A Sales. Not a bad area, some of the benefits of living near Columbia without the costs. Like anywhere there are places to avoid but overall its decent. YMMV

How's the commute to a close metro station? =(. 2A sales indeed will make me lose the house lol

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    How's the commute to a close metro station? =(. 2A sales indeed will make me lose the house lol

Not great, you still have to go way south to hit the metro. I'd recommend looking into the MARC train from Savage.

wowmattsays

Oct 4, 2016
    Not great, you still have to go way south to hit the metro. I'd recommend looking into the MARC train from Savage.

I'll second the MARC train. It's a decent price. I took it from Dorsey Station which is prob a bit north for you but it got me to Union Station (2 metro stops from Metro Center in the middle of DC) in about 35-40 minutes, and I would rather do that than drive 30 minutes to Greenbelt or Glenmont Stations.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I would like to look for housing in Jessup, MD. Does anyone have any opinions or warnings? Is there any weird gun laws that is only pertaining to Jessup like Montgomery counties and Annapolis no ammo shipping?
    I moved here last summer. Come on out to the event Saturday and I will be glad to discuss.

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. https://dottrio.eventbrite.com

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    It's mostly a more rural area with larger properties. There are several new housing developments that are more suburban. There are still smaller farms in the area. The Marc station off 100. You would want to take either rt 1 or 295 north up to 100 and then I think it's the first exit. Not a long drive at all without traffic. It's a nice area and very pretty. You still have crime from both Columbia and Ft. Meade. 175 sucks during rush hour.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    It's mostly a more rural area with larger properties. There are several new housing developments that are more suburban. There are still smaller farms in the area. The Marc station off 100. You would want to take either rt 1 or 295 north up to 100 and then I think it's the first exit. Not a long drive at all without traffic. It's a nice area and very pretty. You still have crime from both Columbia and Ft. Meade. 175 sucks during rush hour.
    So does 32, good grief...

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. https://dottrio.eventbrite.com

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    jessup has a nice prison

Ah, Jessup, MD. has "A" nice prison??? Try Home to:

Brockbridge Correctional Facility
    Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center
    Dorsey Run Correctional Facility
    Jessup Correctional Institute
    Maryland Correctional Institute
    Maryland Correctional Institute for Women
    Patuxent Institution

And in case you get the bright idea to need more, you could always reopen:

Herman L. Toulson Correctional Facility
    Jessup Pre-Release Center
    Maryland House of Correction

....cause there just sitting there vacant ready for...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ah, Jessup, MD. has "A" nice prison??? Try Home to:

Brockbridge Correctional Facility
    Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center
    Dorsey Run Correctional Facility
    Jessup Correctional Institute
    Maryland Correctional Institute
    Maryland Correctional Institute for Women
    Patuxent Institution

And in case you get the bright idea to need more, you could always reopen:

Herman L. Toulson Correctional Facility
    Jessup Pre-Release Center
    Maryland House of Correction

....cause there just sitting there vacant ready for...

When you think about it, probably half of the population of Jessup resides in those lovely facilities.

Dorsey Run Correctional Facility just opened the second complex.

cool_t_1

Sep 14, 2016
    AA County MD
    I live in Jessup on the HC side. So you have access to good schools there. I am moving to the AA side of Jessup soon and the school districts change drastically. :( Don't know if you have school age kids, but that one thing that hit us. 2A sales is minutes from my current house. I like Jessup as it is cheaper than Columbia, but you are still close to everything on the HC side. AA side were I am moving is more expensive, but still convenient to all the major routes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom