• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavyDavy

Retired Navy
    Oct 12, 2010
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I just joined here because I'll be in Baltimore for 2.5 weeks on business and I'd like to try a local range. I won't be bringing any guns of my own so I need a place that rents guns.

I'll be staying downtown near the Inner Harbor.

Haven't been to Baltimore since 1992 and can't wait for the crabcakes at Phillips!!!

I also won't have a car so a taxi will have to do.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    THe 2 closet indoor ranges to the City is Continental Arms in Timonium and On Target In Jessup.

They're probably both just as easy to get to from the Inner Harbor. On Target is just of I295 and CA is off I83. probalby 20 mins for each. Good luck!

NavyDavy

Retired Navy
    Oct 12, 2010
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    On Target has a more informative website and probably the place I'll visit.

That Brazilian Steak House sounds interesting.

I'll be staying in the area of the Inner Harbor for most of my stay.

Thanks everyone.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    It looks like there's a Light Rail station about .6 miles from Continental. That might be the cheapest transportation to an indoor range. The Holiday Inn near Continental advertises a short walk to Light Rail. Continental should be able to tell you how far they are from the stop.

I'll suggest Faidley's at Lexington Market for crabcakes. And you can get a Pollock Johnny sausage to boot.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    It looks like there's a Light Rail station about .6 miles from Continental. That might be the cheapest transportation to an indoor range. The Holiday Inn near Continental advertises a short walk to Light Rail. Continental should be able to tell you how far they are from the stop.

I'll suggest Faidley's at Lexington Market for crabcakes. And you can get a Pollock Johnny sausage to boot.

Continental is very close to the lightrail. you can easily get there.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Continental will be the most convenient; President street turns into I-83, which goes nearly directly to Continental. (I live downtown.) Unless you like being mugged, don't take the light rail or bus.

For good seafood, go to Oceanaire (Philips sucks.) The Inner harbor is old news; it hasn't been popular since the 90's; Harbor East is the hot new area to go to (Oceanaire is there.) A few good restaurants (Oceanaire, Flemings, Roys, Lebanese Taverna), good movie theater, nice shops... only gang members, hobos, and beggars hang out at the harbor, now. Harbor East has private security on every corner. Actually, there's a nice hotel there, too (I forget which one.)

NavyDavy

Retired Navy
    Oct 12, 2010
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I'm not real keen on public transportation in an unfamiliar city.

Plus I'm getting $71/day per diem for 17 days. I should be able to afford a taxi to On Target.

Their web page details much more than Continental, like prices and rental gun availability, and had some nice pics of the range.

I'm just looking at spending a couple hours there on a Sat or Sun to kill some time.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Plus I'm getting $71/day per diem for 17 days. I should be able to afford a taxi to On Target.

Their web page details much more than Continental, like prices and rental gun availability, and had some nice pics of the range.

I'm just looking at spending a couple hours there on a Sat or Sun to kill some time.

$71 a day is not a lot to eat 3 squares a day in any down town area. There is a McD on lombard st. :innocent0

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    Thanks, good info.

Anyone know if I can carry OC spray or a knife in the city?

I'm a reserve deputy, but not covered under LEOSA.

IANAL

But, you should be totally fine with OC spray, and any folding knife, regardless of size, is kosher (except full-autos ['switchblades'] - spring assist is okay). The law regarding fixed blade knives is that you're not allowed to conceal them or 'carry for unlawful purposes'. Unfortunately, "self defense" isn't a lawful purpose, so if you're carrying a fixed-blade, you oughta be able to justify using it for work, etc, not just carry it for protection.

So yeah, unless you're talking about a switchblade or a KaBar, you should be fine with the knife.

Thaimonkee

Jun 2, 2010
    Bethesda
    If youre landing at BWI there is a well known restaurant there call G&M Restaurant in Linthicum. Its my buddies restaurant and they have THE BEST crab cakes. You will not be dissapointed.

Mr H

Banana'd

Personally, I would avoid Light Rail/MTA ESPECIALLY if transporting anything firearm-related (which I see you're not, but consider it informational, I guess). Not saying there WOULD be a problem, but if there was, "You gotta lotta splainin' to do, Lucy"

Even so, I've noticed more than a couple sketchy characters looking for marks on the train. Just being heads-up is better than nothing.

As for the knife? Was already covered for the limitations. I refuse to go into the city WITHOUT one... and a larger one than I carry any other day.

Again.. not sayin'... I'm just sayin'...

OOPS... Forgot...

Agree with OnTarget. But then, I'm a member there.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Continental has a sucky staff who thinks their poo don't stink. Going to On Target is the right move, and I am not a member there, but shoot there on occasion when I can't get to the farm.

mybreathyourlung

Aug 16, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I live near downtown and take the light rail often. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, especially since the majority of the trip is out of the downtown area. You're just as likely to run into trouble on the light rail as on the street walking back to your hotel, just be aware of your surroundings and you'll be fine.

Coachsteve

Oct 13, 2010
    AACO
    Big fan of On Target- not hard to get to. On your way back, stop at G&M for crabcakes- excellent and huge. You can call ahead, get them to go, and have the cab wait while you pick them up.
    Welcome back

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom