• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not An HBAR.

NOT HBAR.jpg

I just wish people with BigNutz would use their BigEyes to sign on and READ.

Every question would be answered.

But no, they have that special question.

Come on, go to Answer.com then. I can’t believe that someone can be that impatient, when Reading is not only Fundamental, but it’s awesome here.

No, I don't really have big anything. So I do understand what you're saying, and as my OP stated I looked a little and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, got lazy, and posted the question.

Here's the deal though, I have used lotsa forums over the years (Just never posted here), and have consistently observed people, usually long-time forum members who were there from the beginning, complain about this same thing. Unless this is a "StackExchange" like site, repeat questions will never stop being posted. On the same token, folks trying to limit them by calling people out won't either, nor should they. In fact there are four things that will no one can or should ever purge from publicly accessible and thread-based forums.

First are the ranters, those who are passionate about certain things, or everything and use the forums as an outlet.

Second are trolls. There are widely varying levels and intensities of trollers, but they will never ever be gone. I think (in most cases) trollers are acting as the 11th Man, or the Devil's Advocate. That assumes they are trolling through disagreement. The loser trollers who do nothing more than insult and antagonize should be handled by moderators as appropriate.

Third are repeat questions. By the very nature of a forum, and that of people (impatience with waiting for research to yield results), there are some questions that will always asked over and over. The best way to prevent this is with locked sticky threads, which I looked for, but didn't find.

Where I have seen it, I try and avoid calling folks out for it if for no other reason than it might discourage new members from posting. Plus, who knows, maybe they are bringing something new to table. Instead if I know that the question had been discussed previously, I'll just drop a link in a reply and call it good. Forum communities are nothing without people and posts, if everyone stopped ranting and repeat questions, things would get a little lame.

Fourth are the old guard curmudgeons. These are the guys that keep the streets safe and clean (along with the formal moderators). They identify trolls and eject them, answer questions consistently, and yes, sometimes complain about things like repeat questions.

Oh wait, there are five, I forgot! The posters who write WAY too much! That's me!

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    No, I don't really have big anything. So I do understand what you're saying, and as my OP stated I looked a little and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, got lazy, and posted the question.

Here's the deal though, I have used lotsa forums over the years (Just never posted here), and have consistently observed people, usually long-time forum members who were there from the beginning, complain about this same thing. Unless this is a "StackExchange" like site, repeat questions will never stop being posted. On the same token, folks trying to limit them by calling people out won't either, nor should they. In fact there are four things that will no one can or should ever purge from publicly accessible and thread-based forums.

First are the ranters, those who are passionate about certain things, or everything and use the forums as an outlet.

Second are trolls. There are widely varying levels and intensities of trollers, but they will never ever be gone. I think (in most cases) trollers are acting as the 11th Man, or the Devil's Advocate. That assumes they are trolling through disagreement. The loser trollers who do nothing more than insult and antagonize should be handled by moderators as appropriate.

Third are repeat questions. By the very nature of a forum, and that of people (impatience with waiting for research to yield results), there are some questions that will always asked over and over. The best way to prevent this is with locked sticky threads, which I looked for, but didn't find.

Where I have seen it, I try and avoid calling folks out for it if for no other reason than it might discourage new members from posting. Plus, who knows, maybe they are bringing something new to table. Instead if I know that the question had been discussed previously, I'll just drop a link in a reply and call it good. Forum communities are nothing without people and posts, if everyone stopped ranting and repeat questions, things would get a little lame.

Fourth are the old guard curmudgeons. These are the guys that keep the streets safe and clean (along with the formal moderators). They identify trolls and eject them, answer questions consistently, and yes, sometimes complain about things like repeat questions.

Oh wait, there are five, I forgot! The posters who write WAY too much! That's me!

BigNutz, ask away. Some of us here didn't know the whole answer to your question and now we do. I for one thank you.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Not an HBAR:

300px-MonsMeg.JPG

And why is the AR-15 more so dangerous as the AR 10?

Because it's 15, which is bigger than 10, and 10 is a nice round number......

Q

I'm sure this is the correct answer.

I did read somewhere (no doubt online, so it must be true) a claim that the AR 15 got it's name when the original prototype was able to kill 15 people in a test.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I guess that canon is a Beretta. I'm sure they didn't stamp it HBAR in the 1500's when the company was young, but they're the manufacturer, and could stamp it today. :D

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I guess that canon is a Beretta. I'm sure they didn't stamp it HBAR in the 1500's when the company was young, but they're the manufacturer, and could stamp it today. :D

They are lucky the original version of FSA2013 didn’t pass as I can clearly see a bayonet lug on there and that plus the wheels clearly mean it Would have had two features of a scary assault weapon and thus would be banned.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Doesn't look like it meets the "sporting applications" clause the Framers wrote into the Second Amendment, either.

I think you gotta be a good sport to load and fire that thing...or at least a betting man. Does that count?

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Private ownership of cannon was not unknown in 1775, and was not viewed as outside of the "Arms" as mentioned in the 2nd Amendment by our founding fathers.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011

FWIW, the "search" function isn't the easiest to navigate and get usable results from. It also doesn't work on my mobile device, which is how I typically interface with this site.

Fnh57

Sep 30, 2017
    Baltimore area.
    It's a legal loophole nothing to do with safer guns due to heavy barrels. Most legislators can't tell a pistol from a shotgun and semiautomatic sounds like automatic so let's ban it. Somehow they created a pro gun loophole where these heavy barrels are considered to be target rifles and should not be regulated the same as an assault weapon lol. Something like that. Cash and carry with a quick check in Maryland . I wish the 2 ARs I have were heavy. There might be a few other things not allowed on them like flash suppressor and bayonet lugs and maybe adjustable stocks but I'm not sure. They do the same job lol

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It's a legal loophole nothing to do with safer guns due to heavy barrels.

Most legislators can't tell a pistol from a shotgun and semiautomatic sounds like automatic so let's ban it. Somehow they created a pro gun loophole where these heavy barrels are considered to be target rifles and should not be regulated the same as an assault weapon lol. Something like that. Cash and carry with a quick check in Maryland . I wish the 2 ARs I have were heavy. There might be a few other things not allowed on them like flash suppressor and bayonet lugs and maybe adjustable stocks but I'm not sure. They do the same job lol

New guy, can I see you in my office....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It's a legal loophole nothing to do with safer guns due to heavy barrels. Most legislators can't tell a pistol from a shotgun and semiautomatic sounds like automatic so let's ban it. Somehow they created a pro gun loophole where these heavy barrels are considered to be target rifles and should not be regulated the same as an assault weapon lol. Something like that. Cash and carry with a quick check in Maryland . I wish the 2 ARs I have were heavy. There might be a few other things not allowed on them like flash suppressor and bayonet lugs and maybe adjustable stocks but I'm not sure. They do the same job lol

Bayonet mugs and adjustable stock isn’t an issue. Under FSA 2013 Semi-automatic rifles have a feature test if they have a detachable magazine.

1 flash hider
    2 folding stock (ADJUSTABLE DOES NOT COUNT)
    3 grenade launcher

Any one is fine. Any 2 is a deadly assault weapon and Maryland doesn’t cotton to deadly assault weapons.

A copycat, which is a parts interchangeable (all parts) copy of a named banned rifle/shotgun/pistol is banned.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The Colt HBAR is a target rifle. It dominated Service Rifle competition when the List was made. Its "copies" continue to be the standard for competition today.
    The HBAR exemption is not a loophole.

See Rack in his office. He has other points to make.

I see your post count has gone down since last night.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    and they'll continue to go down until he stops or is gone.

and in addition to being a post whore, he is also clueless about MD firearms law.

go figure

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom