• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I build a CMMG Colt pattern, but i really wish I did a QC10 glock style build.

So the lack of a "bolt hold open" feature on a Glock lower doesn't sway you away from that style?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I found an article that talks about the difference between the Glock and Colt lowers. I'm not sure how accurate it is. The one thing that I find surprising is the article says that the bolt hold open does not work with the Glock lowers and something about the Glock lower parts could be unique/proprietary. Does anyone know if these are true?

http://out-of-battery.com/ar9-deciding-glock-compatible-lower-colt-pattern-lower/

◾Bolt hold-open functionality on empty magazines does not exist with Glock compatible lowers.
    ◾Requires unique/proprietary parts which increases costs associated with the initial build and any ongoing maintenance/repairs.

The bolt hold open after last round requires a different type of Magwell block for Colt mags as well or an add-on pice for the drop in that does not make it a simple drop in anymore. Hahn has one like that also but, it is not an easy swap out when wanting to switch back to 5.56.

Dave

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The bolt hold open after last round requires a different type of Magwell block for Colt mags as well or an add-on pice for the drop in that does not make it a simple drop in anymore. Hahn has one like that also but, it is not an easy swap out when wanting to switch back to 5.56.

Dave

My dedicated Colt has a bolt hold open.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So the lack of a "bolt hold open" feature on a Glock lower doesn't sway you away from that style?
    QC10/DDLES Glock lowers have a LRBHO. Where people get a bit confused is that Lone Wolf and some PSA lowers don't have it, because the system is a bit complex and thus costs money to implement.

Colt mag 9mm ARs also have a LRBHO but it only works if you use actual Colt mags. If you use modified Uzi mags, the LRBHO will not trigger. I don't think LRBHO is the biggest deal in the world anyways, but I would want a rifle to be consistent about it. Unless your rifle is an SBR and suppressed, it's a range toy anyways.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I have the (now obsolete) PSA magwell insert for my 9mm AR. It has LRBHO on the Colt mags but not on the Uzi mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom