• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Hello everyone I currently live in Annapolis MD and I am building another home in Ocean View just outside of Bethany. I willbe 67 in July. Currently I have 4 bolt action Rem 700's various calibers, thre (3) AR15' in 223, one (1) AR 15 6.5 Grendel, (2) AR10 308 win, (2) AR10 260 Rem, one(1) Rem 597 and a REM 870 12 gauge. Two(2) AR 10's and one(1) AR15 are ghost guns. I also have three pistols a S&W 636 9mm, Glock 42 9mm and a A&W M&P Pro Core 9mm.

Our house should be finished in Mid May. My wife and I run a MD based Business but I plan on living in DE more than half the time. So I will be a lassifying myself as a DE resident. Just for a shout out there what am I going to have to do if I move some of the herd to DE. Or should I move then entire herd to Delaware. Will these guns have to be registered in DE and will I have to notify MD that these guns are no longer in MD and that my permanent residence is DE.

A lot of shit here. Appreciate any input you may have.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    We'll be making the same move in a few. I'd take the whole bunch. The only thing that I'm aware of where DE's more restrictive is NFA items. They aren't fans.

Jump62

Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island, De
    Welcome to Delaware, Still a free state ( for now ). If I were you I would move the whole fleet to DE. There is no requirement to register your long guns, pistols and shotguns with anyone. I don't know if you have to tell the MSP that you and your weapons are no longer in The Peoples Republic of Maryland, others should chime in about that. Oh Delaware has no HQL, handgun roster, 77r, and 7 days in jail for a handgun. Just wait, to be able to do the 4473 tango at a local FFL and then cash and carry you and your new friend to the door.
    Welcome to Delaware.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Pretty sure suppressors are not legal in De. If you don't have any, then that's one thing you don't have to worry about. That's all I have to offer...

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    No bombs, bombshells, suppressors, SBS, or machine guns allowed in DE.

All firearms you listed are good to go. There is no current registration scheme in DE.

Welcome to DE when you get here. I live off 26 near OV.

And you don't have to tell MD anything.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    There is no requirement to notify MSP if you move out of state. They are not going to "unregister" your guns.

Atlbrvs

Jul 22, 2016
    Oliver Beach, Md
    No bombs, bombshells, suppressors, SBS, or machine guns allowed in DE.

All firearms you listed are good to go. There is no current registration scheme in DE.

Welcome to DE when you get here. I live off 26 near OV.

And you don't have to tell MD anything.

Ewww is Delaware really worse than Maryland? That's pretty ****ed up but I'm also glad this isn't on my nect move roster

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Ewww is Delaware really worse than Maryland? That's pretty ****ed up but I'm also glad this isn't on my nect move roster

Delaware is no where near as bad as MD.

Last year there was a Dem majority and they still couldn't get any bad gun bills to pass.

No 7 day waits. No HBAR BS. No HQL. No 77R. No issues with lowers. No magazine BS. You can buy just about any non-auto firearm out there cash and carry. Out the door in 10 minutes. You can get a carry permit. No review boards or Admin hearings necessary. 2A is codified in the DE Constitution.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Thanks all this is all great news. Yes the Communist state of MD. Can’t wait to promulgate over the Bridge. I will probably leave a pistol there for home defense. I load my own for most my rifles. Where is the best place to shoot not far from Ocean View I am moving into Khorvarians Ocean View Beach club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    I did forget one rifle I just picked up. A Henry Big Boy XModel in 44 mag. Just got it have not even put a round down her , but I have already started loading. Have some ladders for 240 gr and 300 gr XTP’s. It is a sweet rifle.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Congrats to you on the move to Ocean View. Wife and I are planing to move to the Rehoboth Beach/Lewes area with in the next 7 yrs after she can retire from work with the weather people at NOAA. Their is a very nice retirement community being built behind the exxon gas station along Rt 1 where Rt 1 and 1A split left if you are going south. I also love the drive between Dewey and Findwick Island and the bridge over the Indian River inlet and campground.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Welcome to DE. I moved to LSD last year, near Camp Barnes if that means anything (it didn't to me--never heard of it until moving). It is hard to get used to walking in a GS and out with a handgun the same day. I love the slower pace. Enjoy the bump in freedom.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I recommend joining the Delaware Sportsmans Association. They fight for gun rights in Delaware. I have a house next to Ocean View. Maybe we can get together sometime. We don't get there very often though.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I did forget one rifle I just picked up. A Henry Big Boy XModel in 44 mag. Just got it have not even put a round down her , but I have already started loading. Have some ladders for 240 gr and 300 gr XTP’s. It is a sweet rifle.

ooooooo, that's a problem. Lever guns in pistol calibers are illegal in DE. Weird, right?

just kidding.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    I recommend joining the Delaware Sportsmans Association. They fight for gun rights in Delaware. I have a house next to Ocean View. Maybe we can get together sometime. We don't get there very often though.

Yes I have heard of them. Thanks

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Welcome to DE. I moved to LSD last year, near Camp Barnes if that means anything (it didn't to me--never heard of it until moving). It is hard to get used to walking in a GS and out with a handgun the same day. I love the slower pace. Enjoy the bump in freedom.

It will be a welcome change.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Pretty sure suppressors are not legal in De. If you don't have any, then that's one thing you don't have to worry about. That's all I have to offer...

Thanks I see all the NFA stuff. But I do not own a suppressor so we are good

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom