Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old September 10th, 2019, 11:59 PM #1

screw Eotech!

I really wish I knew about their class action buyback before it expired. Now I'm stuck with paying $80 to fix their glass that's delaminating even though they admitted it's defective and they knew about it. A decent optic company would have repaired that for free in my opinion. I think I'm switching to another ootic after this.

rant over
OLM-Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 12:06 AM #2
Pre-Banned

Pre-Banned

MD Collector | FL CCW | MSI | Arlington RPC | Meade RPC | AGC | NRA Life Member| SOTAR alum | Murican!
Slowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 12:33 AM #3
Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks

Sell it at a discount?

I am sure someone else would either deal with the glass delaminating or pay for the repair.

Which model, btw? I have an old 512 that is still going strong
The contents of the above post may not be safe for children, expectant mothers, or the elderly. The above post should probably not be taken seriously but should be taken with a quart of whisky. Misuse of the above post may cause rash, infection, joint pain, bleeding gums, car trouble, bad weather, black mold and/or anal seepage.
Boats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 01:31 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats View Post
Sell it at a discount?

I am sure someone else would either deal with the glass delaminating or pay for the repair.

Which model, btw? I have an old 512 that is still going strong
OLM-Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 05:38 AM #5
i pi

i pi

So they really told you to pay for the repair at this point, and won't honor the settlement or fix it? Nice customer service (not).
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 06:54 AM #6

Well that makes me feel even better that I dumped the two I had during the recall. Sorry you missed out and are having these issues now OP. I thought it was universally known about the buy back they did. I liked my Eotechs but what good is a product without a company that stands behind it? Hope you resolve your issue one way or another.
Ski169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 06:56 AM #7

The three I had were garbage and I wasn't shy about saying that during the recall .
atblis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 07:32 AM #8
Jew with a Gun

Jew with a Gun

To be clear, L3 admitted that they had a thermal drift problem, not a glass delamination issue.

In the OP's situation, pay to have the glass fixed - it's going to be cheaper than any other options, and you'd be lucky to get $200 for an older 512 with glass delamination in progress. Even ones in good shape usually only go for $250-$275, and the new ones are often dirt cheap when they go on sale. (Nevermind that the Holosun HS510C is also getting a lot of good reviews!)
Old September 11th, 2019, 09:43 AM #9
2A TEACHER

2A TEACHER

Compare this to vortex. I bought an old red/green strikefire when they first came out. About a decade later, it started flickering and intermittently turning off. I sent the old one in without mounts or anything else. They sent back a brand new red/green strikefire still in the shrink-wrapped box, with mounts, literature, and everything. Now THAT is a friggin warranty.

Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
smokey0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 11:03 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
To be clear, L3 admitted that they had a thermal drift problem, not a glass delamination issue.

In the OP's situation, pay to have the glass fixed - it's going to be cheaper than any other options, and you'd be lucky to get $200 for an older 512 with glass delamination in progress. Even ones in good shape usually only go for $250-$275, and the new ones are often dirt cheap when they go on sale. (Nevermind that the Holosun HS510C is also getting a lot of good reviews!)
Yeah... Thermal shift problem. I never heard anything about glass delamination. I actually had a problem with one of my EoTechs and they took good care of me. I got a like new sight back in the mail. I have several Eotechs and they are great sights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atblis View Post
The three I had were garbage and I wasn't shy about saying that during the recall .
You know I see posts like this and I have to wonder what in the Hell people are talking about when they write crap like this. EoTechs are garbage? I run a MG club. I see tons of high end guns. These guns have blown up plenty of garbage sights. I mean I have literally seen more than a half dozen just stop working under Full Auto firing. I have seen many more fail to hold zero. There are plenty of crappy sights out there and only of the few brands I would never toss into the "garbage" grouping and EoTech is one of them. They are an approved US Military supplier. Ok they have one issue none of the people in MD will EVER have which they did not tell the Government. However they give fair better than average performance. IMHO their 65 MOA circle dot is far superior reticle to most others out there for any kind of Full Auto fire. They survive much more abuse and drops compared to most other optics out there.

While I might like Holosun too, most other optics lack the sight hood and if you really get a hard hit on them... don't expect them to survive. If you are looking for a non-magnified sight that does not have to go on top of a pistol, its hard to think of optics that out perform the EoTech. We can argue battery life, rare issues...etc. but seriously, if you were about to walk into a short term close quarters battle... what optics would you rather have? Holosun is great but is it going to hold without a sight hood. ACOGs are great but often have to much magnification. There are many others but I am probably picking an EoTech.

Now if you have a Neutered M16 (AR15) and all you need it for is punching paper shooting off a bench at 100 yards... then yeah there are better options.

Last edited by IMBLITZVT; September 11th, 2019 at 02:57 PM.
IMBLITZVT is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles