• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I am looking for a good, local gun safe supplier to pick up a decent safe. Who have you guys used? I was looking at one on Tractor Supply's website that looks about right. I'm not needing anything too big. The last safe I purchased from Champion in Frederick about 20 years ago but they are no longer there.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...14-safe-18-gun-gunmetal-45-minute-fire-rating

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    Carolina Safes
    3265 Leonardtown Rd, Waldorf, MD 20601
    (301) 374-2333

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    hit the next chantilly gun show. my bil and i have both bought from steve's safes who always has a section there. there is another safe vendor there as well.

Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    not sure what size safe you are looking for but I noticed that Tractor Supply usually only displays the big double wide safes in store. Check out A1 safes on Belair Rd in Fallston MD

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    not sure what size safe you are looking for but I noticed that Tractor Supply usually only displays the big double wide safes in store. Check out A1 safes on Belair Rd in Fallston MD

I’ll second A1 in Fallston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    One of the advantages of being an Amazon Prime member is that stuff ships free, and man can shipping be a b*tch on safes. I'd weigh the total cost of shipping and bringing it to its final resting place before pulling the trigger.

I got a Zanotti panel safe, you can put the pieces together places that a welded safe cannot go. It's definitely easier for one person to move. Construction site safes can be found cheaply and are better than a cheap gun locker.

Also, don't buy into the "fire resistant" pitch. Get a safe with a decent wall thickness and insure the firearms inside. In fire of any significance, your guns are screwed with or without some extra sheetrock in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom