• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    I have been interested in getting a new .22 pistol & I really like the Ruger Mark IV series. Just not sure which exact model to go with. Has anyone seen these on sale at any of the local gun stores?

I really like the Lite series but plan to use it for a little bit of everything to include comnpetition, target shooting, practice & will likely need a threaded barrel model to add a suppressor.

Please let me know if any of the local gun dealers have any sales. Willing to buy new or used.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I picked up a Mark IV Tactical from Gym Ratz earlier this year. Incredible improvement over my Mark III when it comes to takedown and reassembly. And of course, it has the threaded barrel. I no longer dread the process of cleaning after I shoot it. :D

Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    Anyone know which local gun stores have a decent variety of the Ruger Mark IV. I would like to take a look at a few different models of this Ruger before I purchase and was hoping atleast one store had a bit of selection for this particular model & what is the typical price tag that you are seeing locally.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I picked up a Mark IV Tactical from Gym Ratz earlier this year. Incredible improvement over my Mark III when it comes to takedown and reassembly. And of course, it has the threaded barrel. I no longer dread the process of cleaning after I shoot it. :D

I also got a mark iv tactical from gym ratz a few months ago. Don't remember the exact price but it was a steal. I think it was around $350.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I picked up a MKIV Lite from JLowe's Guns a year ago and it's a great pistol. I grew up shooting the MKII and the MK IV is a better gun in just about every way. The stock trigger is nothing to write home about, but other than that they are wonderful guns.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I picked up a MKIV Lite from JLowe's Guns a year ago and it's a great pistol. I grew up shooting the MKII and the MK IV is a better gun in just about every way. The stock trigger is nothing to write home about, but other than that they are wonderful guns.

I put the volquartsen accurizing kit in mine and the trigger is awesome. Was getting light strikes (like 50/50) and called volquartsen and they sent me a new firing pin for free. They said the mark iv does that occasionally and nobody knows why or what guns will do it. Great customer service.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    does this model have a threaded barrel?

The MK IV 22/45 Lite also has a threaded barrel, yes.

I frequently run my Dead Air Mask HD on mine, and I want to giggle like a little schoolgirl every single time. Especially with subsonics. They won't cycle it reliably, but holy crap are they quiet.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Last time I was in FreeState they had several different MK IVs on display.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Are they finicky with ammo? I have a couple of the Advantage Arms conversion kits and a Ruger Charger and they are both a PITA with cheap ammo.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Are they finicky with ammo? I have a couple of the Advantage Arms conversion kits and a Ruger Charger and they are both a PITA with cheap ammo.

I've been shooting a new MK-IV "lite" of late (which I greatly enjoy, come clean-up time, over my MK-III). Haven't had a single failure to chamber, fire, or eject no matter what I've given it. Ancient leftovers from open boxes of Thunderbolt, right through other random cheap plinkers and perky CCIs. Don't know if that will change when its new companion suppressor gets out of jail sometime this summer. So far, though, the MK-IV has been a delight.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      12.7 KB · Views: 237

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I've been shooting a new MK-IV "lite" of late (which I greatly enjoy, come clean-up time, over my MK-III). Haven't had a single failure to chamber, fire, or eject no matter what I've given it. Ancient leftovers from open boxes of Thunderbolt, right through other random cheap plinkers and perky CCIs. Don't know if that will change when its new companion suppressor gets out of jail sometime this summer. So far, though, the MK-IV has been a delight.

The only thing you need to watch for with a suppressor is subsonic ammo. My MK IV 22/45 Lite, for example, won't cycle CCI Standards with my Dead Air Mask HD mounted. It feels like it cycles, and the bolt reciprocates, but there's not enough energy and it short-strokes every time. You just have to manually cycle it.

I still shoot it that way though, because it is just fun when it's that quiet.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I have both the lite and tactical in IV. like them both. Have the lite suppressed. The tactical is much heavier since it is all metal but well balanced and accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom