Seeking ideas for a fun, informal handgun "tournament" with 3 to 6 friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattjans

Feb 19, 2017
    Rockville, MD
    Hi guys. I'm new to shooting. Usually just go drill by myself or with a buddy. Have never shot competitively, and only on YouTube.

Anyway, main design criteria here is that it has to be done at an indoor, public range. And hopefully something we can self-score (no judges). Obviously we could just do "closest to bullseye" at different ranges. But what else can we add to make it more fun. Suppose we could do timing, too? Or slow shot v. quick.

Other ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    51trvgVDQPL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    Anyway, main design criteria here is that it has to be done at an indoor, public range. And hopefully something we can self-score (no judges). Obviously we could just do "closest to bullseye" at different ranges. But what else can we add to make it more fun. Suppose we could do timing, too? Or slow shot v. quick.

You will have trouble using a shot timer and getting accurate results at an indoor, public range. Double that if you're planning to use your phone as an app for it. So I would recommend focusing on accuracy. Unless you were thinking about just using fixed times, and then saying "time's up"?

Anyway, try running dot torture at whatever range flips up your and your buddy's skirts. Scored out of 50, best score wins, if you tie on the first round move it out and try again. But most people don't run dot torture perfect on their first try.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    think the machine gun nest in frederick does indoor uspsa and idpa matches. they are 'judged' but should be a ton of fun. i shoot uspsa and idpa outdoors and absolutely love running around with guns and shooting on the move. take your 'game' to the next level and give that a try. as newbies they should let you go last so you can see what everyone is doing before you go. if you want to drive further, the nra range (fairfax) and blue ridge arsenal (chantilly) are indoor ranges that do this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom