• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It says on Page 25 of the user guide for the Electronic 77R that you must show your collectors letter to the dealer at time of purchase if you checked the box that you are a designated collector. It is new as of 1-1-2017.

It is an error in the user guide. It was never put in action. Pretty sure its mentioned earlier in this thread.

Kiwiknoll

Jan 16, 2015
    Clarksville md
    I have completed two purchases this month and also did not have to show my md collector letter. They will confirm the collector status before "not rejecting" the second sale.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It says on Page 25 of the user guide for the Electronic 77R that you must show your collectors letter to the dealer at time of purchase if you checked the box that you are a designated collector. It is new as of 1-1-2017.

the guide is wrong. The actual software screen says recommended, not required. Needs to be corrected.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Thanks for the info. That helps since I don't know if I could even track down that great hiding spot I put my letter in to keep it safe. At my age I have a hard time with just my glasses and shoes.

I also found out from MSP that the guide is wrong about needing to list a HQL for a lower purchase. They said it is listed as an exemption.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The problem is, if MSP required you to show your DC letter, then they would have to start issuing replacement letters. :)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The problem is, if MSP required you to show your DC letter, then they would have to start issuing replacement letters. :)

which they have stated they won't do.

Problem solved.

They sent me one just a few weeks ago, only difference was that my first one was dated several years ago, like 2012, but the replacement was dated January 2017 in the body of the letter for my collectors status. So I guess technically it wasn't a replacement letter. :shrug:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They sent me one just a few weeks ago, only difference was that my first one was dated several years ago, like 2012, but the replacement was dated January 2017 in the body of the letter for my collectors status. So I guess technically it wasn't a replacement letter. :shrug:

That is a change. In the past, when someone asked for a replacement, they were told you do not need the letter, MSP knows if you are a DC or not.

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    Anybody doing the new online 77R for a lower receiver, once you get to the page where you would be required to put your HQL number in, you click the thing underneath that that says something about being exempt and then select the lower receiver option. They are indeed exempt from the HQL requirement and the MSP website has updated its FAQ page at some point to reflect this if you look under Regulated Firearms Purchases:

Do I need a Handgun Qualification License (HQL) in order to purchase a lower receiver?

​No, a lower receiver of a banned assault long gun is classified by the State as a “firearm,” but not a “handgun”. A Handgun Qualification License (HQL) is only needed if you are purchasing a handgun that is not classified as a curio and relic.​

Hope that helped, I just did my very first 77R last week for my first AR15 lower and everything went very smoothly

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Alright, need a little help with the 77R online. I am trading handguns with a guy here, I have started the application, chose the "Buying from another person (secondary sale)". I go to "transforer information". Is that my infor or the guy I am trading with?

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Just to close this and or reference, I found where I made my mistake, the first page when you log in, is the buyer information. I got confused when I didn't see a place to enter it.

Thanks!

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    When transferring to a friend, I realize this system must be utilized. However, I'm unclear if a trip to the barracks is still necessary after completing the 77R online.

Can anyone help me out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom