• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Could be. But the old form, on the back, stated that holidays only counted if the release day fell on a holiday. It it did not count if it came during the 7 days.

I just got the email that my app has been Not Disapproved, and that I can pick up the firearm. I did the paperwork last Thursday, 1/5

Well, my LGS sure didn't know that. :sad20: I made a purchase 12/30, and was submitted. Not disapproved came in 1/4/17 , but they would not let me pick up Saturday 1/7 , had to be Monday 1/9

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Is anyone having problems with the print button? It always gives me a blank page. This morning I received the MSP pickup OK email and the print still doesn't work.

Do you have a popup blocker?

You need to turn it off, the print page is a pop up window.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Well, my LGS sure didn't know that. :sad20: I made a purchase 12/30, and was submitted. Not disapproved came in 1/4/17 , but they would not let me pick up Saturday 1/7 , had to be Monday 1/9

They aren't the only one who gets it wrong.

7 days, but if the 7th day falls on a Sunday or holiday, you have to wait to the next business day (Mon - Sat).

Worse case, 7th day falls on Sunday, and Monday is a Holiday, you have to wait two extra days.

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    So it was pretty easy at the dealer. They just entered a few pieces of info and I was on my way. The Date form received final just gets todays date. And it still says initial not disapproved. Now it is still listed on my applications list with no expiration date and just the print application button. I have to say that I was expecting things to not go so smooth.

View attachment 195123
    Check out MSP... Putting out a system that has extra security and is easy to use. Who woulda thought.

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    Could be. But the old form, on the back, stated that holidays only counted if the release day fell on a holiday. It it did not count if it came during the 7 days.

I just got the email that my app has been Not Disapproved, and that I can pick up the firearm. I did the paperwork last Thursday, 1/5
    The back of the old paper form explains how the "7 Days" is calculated. I think it works like this:

If you submitted on 1/2, then the 7th day would fall on 1/8 which is a Sunday. Sundays aren't counted, so day 7 moves to Monday, which means you can pick up on Tuesday, the 10th. If you submitted on 1/9, the 7th day falls on Sunday the 15th, which means day 7 moves to Monday. Monday is a government holiday, so the 7th day moves to Tuesday, and you can pick up on Wednesday.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Do you have a popup blocker?

You need to turn it off, the print page is a pop up window.

I do but I turned off everything that I knew how to. There is usually a message at the top of my browser that shows up when something is being blocked but I'm not seeing it. I'm guessing the print is a PDF and Firefox will sometimes give me a blank page and load the file into the upload folder. Everything is pointing to that but no file is being uploaded.

I picked a gun up just a few hours ago so I will try tomorrow and see if the print works.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Are you using the windows print button or the PDF print button? You must use the PDF print button.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    The print button is right on the MSP page. I just tried again and the "send email again" button is now gone and so is the expiration date so it looks like the page has completed updating. Print button is still there but not working for me.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    The print button is right on the MSP page. I just tried again and the "send email again" button is now gone and so is the expiration date so it looks like the page has completed updating. Print button is still there but not working for me.
    It is a pdf. Maybe try a different browser???

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Hold down your CTRL button when you click on the Print button.

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    The trooper required the seller's HQL?

That shouldn't be needed.
    Yes, he did. It was one of the fields on the on-line form that needed to be filled out and verified. He also ran the gun's Serial Number to make sure it came up under the Seller's name before the transaction was allowed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yes, he did. It was one of the fields on the on-line form that needed to be filled out and verified. He also ran the gun's Serial Number to make sure it came up under the Seller's name before the transaction was allowed.

What would have happened if the seller had bought the handgun BEFORE SB281 was passed and he never got an HQL?

What happens if I sell one of my handguns that I bought when it was legal to do a private transaction face to face?

There appears to be some issues if this is in fact required.

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    What would have happened if the seller had bought the handgun BEFORE SB281 was passed and he never got an HQL?

What happens if I sell one of my handguns that I bought when it was legal to do a private transaction face to face?

Don't know. Just saying they asked him for his HQL and did a check on the Serial Number.

Anyone else have any insight?

Last edited:

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

All of this.

There is no requirement to have an HQL to OWN or SELL a handgun in Maryland. There is also no requirement that all legally owned handguns be registered to the owner in Maryland.

If it is indeed required that you have an HQL to *sell* a handgun with the new 77e, and that the handgun be registered to you, that's incredibly problematic for a great many people.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MD Statute 5-117.1. I see no mention of an HQL being required of the seller.

Attachments

• hql.jpg
      hql.jpg
      11.2 KB · Views: 200

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads