• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    What was the grade that Simpson's listed it as? I have been looking at their k31's for a little while and it seems that most of them are listed as excellent condition with 50-80% blue for around $325.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    They used to be inexpensive, but they are a must have in any C&R collection.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Interesting on the K31 rifles. I paid $360 about 1 year ago at HoCo show and the Internet price as I had noted was $349 at the time w/o a sling. I got a sling and muzzle cap for that price.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    That is a great looking rifle. You will have fun shooting it. Gets a bit of attention at the range sometimes too.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Nice. I should have bought one when they were less than 100 bucks. My buddy has one and it is dead on. A real nice shooter in great shape.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Swiss rifles are addictive. My most recent one arrived last night from AIM (1911.)

i-qtK6JBm-L.jpg

1896/11
    K11
    K31 Walnut
    K31 Beech

I'm still looking for a reasonably priced Pioneer sawback bayonet to add to the collection.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Swiss rifles are addictive. My most recent one arrived last night from AIM (1911.)

i-qtK6JBm-L.jpg

1896/11
    K11
    K31 Walnut
    K31 Beech

I'm still looking for a reasonably priced Pioneer sawback bayonet to add to the collection.

Extremely nice! I too would like a saw back bayonet

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Very nice, I may have to add a k31 and M39 bayonet to my collection.
    At Chantilly, Dan Tobin (Dansammo.com) Had un-issuied un-serial K31 bayos for $75, try his web site.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I shot it for the first time today and I shot very very poorly. I first checked the windage at 50 yards then walked a couple shots up the target to the center. I was surprised it was shooting low at 50 yards but with almost perfect windage. Then I went to 100 yards and shot at an sr-21 with the black center at the top of the front sight. I wound up just barely hitting the bottom of the of the 5 ring. Then I walked it up and had to aim at 12 O'clock in the 6 ring to get it into the black. Still, my best group of 10 shots was about 10 inches. Normally I can shoot my M39 Mosin with 70s corrosive surplus at 4 moa with iron sights.
    I got home and checked the action and barrel band screws the barrel bands and front action screw was nice and tight. The rear action screw was maybe a little more than finger tight. There is a some contact between the front handguard and the barrel. I also tightened the action screws to very snug and snugged the barrel bands. Is there something else I can do? My only problem I noticed with my shooting was the sling occasionally got in the way of my cheek weld.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I forgot where I saw it but maybe gunboards. You tighten the front barrel band tight, then back out some? I saw this solution to accuracy issues posted several times. I did this before even shooting it so don't know how much of a difference it would have made. Mine was about 1-2MOA with a scope and 4 or so with open sights. I don't know, if you are shooting low, maybe you are lucky so you can just adjust your rear sight. I purchased and installed a replacement tall front sight cause at 100yds I was hitting high by almost 8 inches with GP11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom