• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockwerkes

Aug 16, 2010
    Thought I would put the word out that York IWLA #67 will be hosting the first 3 man 3 gun (3m3g) of the season. If you're not familiar with the concept, each team is composed of three people. For the team, you need three rifles, three pistols, but only two shotguns. Some stages are relays, where each shooter engages different targets in turn. Other stages may be a three way simultaneous free for all. If you've never participated in one of these, this is your chance.

Right now the total round count for the team is about 341 (minimum) for the team. Cost is only $75 per team. The application and stage diagrams are on the website: http://www.yorkiwlaipsc.com/USPSA.htm

Hope to see you there.

glockwerkes

Aug 16, 2010
    I just added up the round counts, but keep in mind that on some stages there may be crossover between rifle, pistol, and shotgun. Right now, it looks like (minimums):

rifle = 174
    pistol = 88
    shotgun = 79

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    I think I will have to try this out as well .. I have done three or so of the fun shoots they hold there .

glockwerkes

Aug 16, 2010
    I've never done one of these before. Anyone want a noob on their team? lol

Seriously, what should I do?

Answer: Try to round up two other buddies who like to shoot, and send in your application. If you have no friends or everyone else is working that day, send a note to the match director (see application) and explain you're solo and looking for team mates. I'm sure he'll hook you up.

glockwerkes

Aug 16, 2010
    As of tonight, there are 32 slots left. Applications are coming in everyday, so don't miss out.

The format will be a little different this time around. We won't be drawing cards to see who shoots which weapon on a stage. The team members choose who is shooting what. The only catch is that each person has to have at least one go around on each weapon (rifle, pistol, shotgun). Check out the stage diagrams for a better idea.

Advice: make sure to know your rifle's POI from 5 yds to 200 yds.

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    The Texas Star last year was hilarious, for lots of reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom