• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    If you were part of our special pre-registration, you should have received a confirming email from me. If you did not receive one and you were part of our special pre-registration please email me at lastdefender@aol.com You most likely mis-typed your email address.

Thanks,
    Gary

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    We do have a small amount of slots that were not claimed by our Zombie veterans. So that is good news for those first timers. I will be announcing details on our general registration shortly.

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    I have good news for those first time Zombie Hunters out there! We have a handful of slots available for Contagion 2011. Contagion 2011 is the biggest and badest Zombie Theme shoot on the East Coast. We will be holding a general registration on Tuesday July 12th at 8:00pm Eastern Daylight Time. We will post the registration link here:

http://www.contagion2011.us/signup.html

It will be first come first served. You will only be able to register one person at a time so if you want to shoot with a buddy or significant other, you will need to have two internet connections to have any chance of getting two slots. This event will sell out in minutes so do not be late. I will not be able to add a spouse/buddy/significant other so please don't ask.
    We will maintain a waiting list so if you don't make it don't give up. The fee for this year's match is $125.00. This includes entrance into the shoot, a shirt, lunch, and 20 rounds through a belt fed 1919 machine gun. You are welcome to bring as many non-shooting guests as you like, the fee for them is $10.00 which includes lunch.
    The match is being held at The New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club in Gap PA on Saturday September 10th. We go rain or shine and no refunds will be given unless we cancel the event and that ain't gonna happen!
    This is a three gun style event. You will need a magazine fed center fire rifle, a pump or semi-auto shotgun and modern center fire pistol with a strong-side holster. Additional details can be found on our site at www.contagion2011.us

PLEASE NOTE: If you do register for our shoot, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement email saying your registration has been recorded. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE MADE IT INTO CONTAGION 2011. This is an automatic feature of the software. You will receive a separate email from me welcoming you to the shoot and providing you with further payment instruction if you made it in.

Good Luck and we look forward to seeing you in September!

Gary

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    Just a reminder... general registration is set for tomorrow at 8:00pm. There is only a handful of slots so be sure you are ready to go promptly at 8:00pm.

Mrs. Finn

Oct 29, 2009
    If anyone is enterested in joining Finn and I for some practice on Sundays, we have instituted ATF Sundays. Shoot at Hap, Smoke a few cigarettes (optional), then grab a beer and some grub. Check out the thread ATF Sundays @ Hap Baker for all the info! Next on will be Sunday 7/17 1 pm (ish)

Finn

waiting for the zombies
    Feb 28, 2009
    Columbia
    well I always strive to do better every year but I really hope that with some work on my carbine that I will really excel well over what I did in the past.

Finn

waiting for the zombies
    Feb 28, 2009
    Columbia
    going to try and make this my first comp.... is it newb friendly

Yea it is very newb friendly. Both my wife and I shot it the first time 2 years ago and it was the first ever shooting event that we did. We loved it and have made this a must attend event ever since.

It's funny because even the people at my wife's office and friends are asking her how many zombies she will get this year!!

The biggest thing to remember is to be safe and have fun. Do everything at the pace and speed that you feel safe at. You will see some people there that shoot 3 gun events almost every weekend that are really running and gunning. Enjoy yourself and try to push yourself but do not go faster then your comfortable with.

I don't know what level you are at but remember that you need to know your weapons and how to operate them in a safe manner. This is a lot more fun then simply standing at a firing range but it is also more presure, so know your gear and how to work it.

lax this is a super fun event so I am almost positive that you will enjoy yourself. Hit the range and work out your equipment. Remember you will need a strong side holster for your pistol and slings are nice on your long guns to make standing in line with them easier.

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    Wow! You guys responded! I am going to leave the link open for a while for those who want to be on the waiting list....

Thank you again for all your support of our events.

Gary

Finn

waiting for the zombies
    Feb 28, 2009
    Columbia
    It is a bit of a drive to get up there lax but not too bad. I would offer a lift with us but the wife and I normally make it a nice lil quite date night after the shoot.

I will have to ask the wife where she ordered our chamber flags from but they are nice ones and the price was very cheap from what I remember.

Oh and Gary I highly doubt I will win any of the pistol stages.... damn 8 round mags! Also doubt it for any of the other ones but I am sure I will do better and go faster then I did last year which is all I care about... that and beating the wife's times too!!

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    Finn,

Understood. I just might have to pull rank and RSO when you are doing the minefield. That should promise to be quite the site indeed! :D

Lastdefender

Nov 1, 2008
    PA
    going to try and make this my first comp.... is it newb friendly

lax,

Let me echo Finn's comments. This is much more of a shoot than a match. Yes we will have prizes for the each of the shooting evolutions but it is much more informal than an IDPA or IPSIC type of match. This event is not sanctioned by any shooting organization and is much more about have a fun time engaging zombies.

All we ask is that you follow the safety rules as published and heed the coaching and wisdom of the RSO's. Hope to see you in September.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom