• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Hopefully I can make it this sunday, looking forward to it.

As far as equipment goes, you shoot 5 strings back to back per stage. Each string consists of 5 steel tagets, if you miss, you shoot again, so 25 rounds capacity if you don't miss, realistically you want 7-10 rounds avaialble per stage. I used my IDPA rig, M&P pro, and 3 mags loaded up to 17rds capacity each. I would shoot 2 strings per mag, shoot the last string with the 3rd mag, and never ran close to dry. For a single stack or 22, you would be looking at 5 mags total. While you "could" get away with loading your mags while shooting a stage it would slow up the match for everyone, and should be avoided if at all possible.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Me and the Mrs will be there Sunday. :thumbsup:

She probably won't shoot but we're taking baby steps in that direction. :D

BitFlipper

Mar 3, 2009
    Harford County
    Nice match. A big thank you to Kevp and 3rdRcn for the help and suggestions on my wife's tempermental Mosquito, and to all who made the newbies feel welcome.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Bitflipper,
    It was great meeting you and your Family. I hope you all become regulars. It is great to see a family out together......and thank your Son for his service.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    The match was great.

This was my first time shooting the Steel plate match and I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new venue/match to shoot. Lots of good folks there and definitely something that any level of shooter can enjoy.

Thanks again to the folks running this for us.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    It was good meeting you and the family as well Bitflipper, my daughter may come up and shoot with us in August.

Had a great time folks and the company was good, the weather was a bit hot though. It was good seeing some old friends there that I don't get to see very often, hope to see you guys and gals again soon.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Anyone from Harford County going?

My wife and kids are leaving for a week on Saturday and Sunday is Day 1 of Bachelor week (the much less publicized version of Shark Week, which begins the following week). Might have to muster up the courage to give it a shot (pun fully intended).

Also, can I bring a friend along, too? I figure so, but I felt I should ask to be sure.

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    Anyone from Harford County going?

My wife and kids are leaving for a week on Saturday and Sunday is Day 1 of Bachelor week (the much less publicized version of Shark Week, which begins the following week). Might have to muster up the courage to give it a shot (pun fully intended).

Also, can I bring a friend along, too? I figure so, but I felt I should ask to be sure.

Its pretty laidback and there are people there that are willing to help all you have to do is ask.

Bringing a friend should be fine, its open to the public.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I plan to come out and embarrass myself on the 25th.

I embarrassed my self with Skeet and at IDPA, so I'm getting used to it and the sunburn will hid my blushing.

Edit:
    <---not the ruger in the photo, but my IDPA set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom