• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Just got one.

It has the slug 28" barrel that i will keep for hunting. But i want to get a 18" for HD purpose, and also want to remove the restriction(what ever is called) on the tube to hold more rounds.

So my questions is, can anyone point me where i can find instructions to remove the restriction, and where i can get a 18" barrel at a good price. Thanks.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    There usually is a wooden dowel in the magazine tube that can be taken out. Take off the barrel...point gun downward and shake lightly until the dowel comes out. Mossberg themselves has the best price for barrels. And they have them in stock. No backorder

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    There usually is a wooden dowel in the magazine tube that can be taken out. Take off the barrel...point gun downward and shake lightly until the dowel comes out. Mossberg themselves has the best price for barrels. And they have them in stock. No backorder

When you say point it downward, do you mean butt stuck to the ground, or the other way around?

Thanks for the info on the barrel.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Butt toward you (yeah, I know how that sounds.....) business end toward the floor.

There should be a little hole in the front of the magazine tube that will allow the dowel to fall out. I believe it actually is a wooden dowel rod...may be plastic...

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    That's the one....

Don't bother looking at Bass Pro or Cabela's...always out of stock and about 50 bucks more.

I had a Mossy 500 that I sold to another guy on here....started out as a 28" barrel bird gun and wound up a pistol gripped, short barrelled monster..

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    That's the one....

Don't bother looking at Bass Pro or Cabela's...always out of stock and about 50 bucks more.

I had a Mossy 500 that I sold to another guy on here....started out as a 28" barrel bird gun and wound up a pistol gripped, short barrelled monster..

Thanks dude, i just got the wooden dowel out with two o rings, just like yo u said. Came right out. :party29:

Since i have the rifle barrel, i got two boxes of rifle slugs. While i wait for my defense barrel i take it the hunting slug would be able to take care of the two legged animals that might wonder into my house???

P.S. I am complete now, i have rifle, handgun, and shotgun. Whoo hooo.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I liked to use Remington Law Enforcement Reduced Recoil 00 buckshot. Something about hitting someone with NINE .32 caliber pellets appealed to me when defending my home. Until you get the HD barrel, slugs will do just fine. Kinda like shooting a sparrow with a .44 magnum.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    lol i use 3" 00 buck...15 .32" pellets going like 1300 fps? I'm ok with going deaf as long as I get to be not dead.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Well that's what we carry in the Navy, and what im used to shooting. So i will have to get my hands on some of it. Thanks.

A sparrow with a .44 magnum :toothless

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    lol i use 3" 00 buck...15 .32" pellets going like 1300 fps? I'm ok with going deaf as long as I get to be not dead.

this is precisely why I like the thought of my 1938 Stevens 12ga DOUBLE BARREL with THIRTY .32 Caliber pellets..

Put two fingers on the two triggers......lightly pull, hold on for dear life and watch your threat disappear right before your very eyes.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    this is precisely why I like the thought of my 1938 Stevens 12ga DOUBLE BARREL with THIRTY .32 Caliber pellets..

Put two fingers on the two triggers......lightly pull, hold on for dear life and watch your threat disappear right before your very eyes.

I'm seeing before me some incredibly bad zombie movie where after both barrels are loosed, the zombie just turns into a fine red mist. Our hero, now deaf, blind and the proud new owner of a dislocated shoulder, spits the zombie mist out of his mouth and screams "Take THAT mother****er!"

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I'm seeing before me some incredibly bad zombie movie where after both barrels are loosed, the zombie just turns into a fine red mist. Our hero, now deaf, blind and the proud new owner of a dislocated shoulder, spits the zombie mist out of his mouth and screams "Take THAT mother****er!"

hell yeah.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    :( This makes me want a shotgun... Anyone know if anyone in the area is stocking the Norinco/IAC Hawk 982? What are they going for nowadays? 200, 225, 250?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom