• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I got a generic reply from one of them via email.
    I emailed each of them and already know it's falling on deaf ears. I read on another thread that this shouldn't become law until 2019. Is that correct? Hogan will veto but that will be overridden. How long does that process take?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I emailed each of them and already know it's falling on deaf ears. I read on another thread that this shouldn't become law until 2019. Is that correct? Hogan will veto but that will be overridden. How long does that process take?

Buck up. No one else has signed on. Even with recent events it probably won’t pass as written with no grandfather clause. As for Hogan vetoing...I certainly wouldn’t bet a thing on that if it somehow did pass.

If he does veto it if it passes, it might well not pass the next time it is brought up. It is likely more a publicity thing than anything. Make your political opponents look bad while F&($ing with people’s Rights.

sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    hey guys im a new member and i just got word of this today from an email. this is taking it to another level. i will not comply. this crap has got to stop. we need to call on the militias to organize a protest and we need to tell the legislature that we will not tolerate this. this is beyond ridiculous. i understand this only has one sponsor but my god if this makes it out of committee we are screwed. people if we don't unite and send a message the government is going to strip up of our rights. are any of the Maryland 3%er militias aware of this? if not they need to organize NOW. this is getting out of hand quick.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I called and left a message somehow I'm sure they don't give a shit. Now Rubio is giving up standard capacity mags. I officially hate this deuche.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    hey guys im a new member and i just got word of this today from an email. this is taking it to another level. i will not comply. this crap has got to stop. we need to call on the militias to organize a protest and we need to tell the legislature that we will not tolerate this. this is beyond ridiculous. i understand this only has one sponsor but my god if this makes it out of committee we are screwed. people if we don't unite and send a message the government is going to strip up of our rights. are any of the Maryland 3%er militias aware of this? if not they need to organize NOW. this is getting out of hand quick.

Head over to intro forum and intro yourself. Then do the things below these words, and take the advice that you'll get about joining MSI. And mark your calendar for march 6, and come testify at a hearing. We also welcome folks to lawyers mall every monday night at 7pm.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Buck up. No one else has signed on. Even with recent events it probably won’t pass as written with no grandfather clause. As for Hogan vetoing...I certainly wouldn’t bet a thing on that if it somehow did pass.

If he does veto it if it passes, it might well not pass the next time it is brought up. It is likely more a publicity thing than anything. Make your political opponents look bad while F&($ing with people’s Rights.

That's good to know. I personally don't know which of these anti-gun measures to take seriously.

sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    i just think its funny how the bill doesn't even name the sponsors, it just says "Baltimore city senator's" its because they know they will receive death threats if they put them out there.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As a reminder , when speaking to your State Senator , and Senate Judical Proceedings Committee members , refer to SB 1062 .

When speaking with your Delegates, and members of the House Judiciary Committee , please refer to HB 991 .

Erickat

Feb 1, 2018
    Do what you can

I called the # and spoke to a secretary, who looked up the phone number of my senator - who I then called (and spoke with his secretary) to lodge my complaint against this bill - and was assured that he was pro 2nd amendment.

2 complaints...

1. the bill itself
    2. the hearing being at 1 pm (working stiffs have a difficult time attending)

I also posted a note on facebook with the phone number & sent an email to the local radio station.

Had not heard of this on the drive-by news at all!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Phone # in o.p. went directly to v.m. saying they're on the other line, please leave a message and they'll call back. Recording also says it's the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee chaired by Senator Brian Frosh.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

If it passes, it becomes law on Oct 1, 2018.

If Hogan vetoes it, depending on when that is done, it may not be overridden next year per the State Constitution.

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    They'll be talking about all these:

Thursday February 22, 2018

1:00 P.M.

SB 734 Sen Ready Criminal Law - Life-Threatening Injury Involving a
    Vehicle or Vessel - Criminal Negligence
    SB 741 Sen Madaleno, Public Safety - Handgun Permit Review Board -
    et al Repeal
    SB 781 Sen Muse, et Criminal Procedure - Victims and Witnesses - Out