• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I have a chance to buy an auto-5 light 12 that was cut to 17 inches and than had an extension to 18.5 attached to it. Its 175.00. Will barrels swap between auto-5's? Id most likely try to find a polychoke for it somewhere to actually have some kind of choke. And get the rib extended to the end of the extension.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    Auto 5 barrels will swap. U can get a bona fide browning barrel with invector chokes or a Hastings aftermarket barrel. Belgium browning a5's were not made to shoot steel, which has helped to make the aftermarket barrel industry a booming one. Japanese a5's can shoot steel safely.
    If the receiver, springs and bolt show no rust, 175 is a good price for one. They are excellent ducking guns.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I feel they make great tactical shotguns, due to their reliability. I think ramline used to make synth furniture for them.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Auto 5 barrels will swap. U can get a bona fide browning barrel with invector chokes or a Hastings aftermarket barrel. Belgium browning a5's were not made to shoot steel, which has helped to make the aftermarket barrel industry a booming one. Japanese a5's can shoot steel safely.
    If the receiver, springs and bolt show no rust, 175 is a good price for one. They are excellent ducking guns.

my dad has an old belgium made auto-5 and the barrel is market for steel shot. i know he bought the gun new with that barrel.

wyomingboy

Jan 26, 2009
    Price wise, yes, it's worth $175 just for the receiver and wood, regardless whether or not it's a Jap or Belgian gun. I would simply pick up a clean used 26" bbl with choke tubes.... or have them installed rather than a polychoke. They work better and it will be a much cleaner looking gun.

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    i think the mag stop allows the shooter to interrupt the feed from the magazine to insert a "special purpose" round. The SPAS 12 has a similar feature. I could be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom