• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    If you or someone you know requested a hearing before the HPRB, but were denied and your case was reviewed without your knowledge, please post up or PM me.

It is slowly being discovered that some appeals are not getting the thorough and professional treatment they are due. Particularly if you, the applicant, submitted additional information supporting your appeal.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Anyone request a hearing an did not get it? Might be an opportunity to get it now. Please come forward or contact me.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I am shocked that you would hint that the state of MD might violate due process!

Round up the usual suspects!

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I'm pretty sure it's been about 90 days since I requested my formal review and never got a response from them.

I am in the same boat. Sent a request and followed up with a call only to be told someone would get back to me eventually. He said they are very backed up and trying. :sad20:

PM sent.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Has anyone gotten fed up to the point you just let er rip and cuss someone out? I mean if I had to wait months and months for someone to do 10minutes of work I would be more than a little perturbed.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I am now beyond 90 days and not a peep, but I believe Tim started this thread not so much about delays, but rather for people who requested a hearing but only got a review. Note for those that did not receive a response from MSP within 90 days you are entitled to a hearing before the HGPRB under PS 5-312.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I am in the same boat. Sent a request and followed up with a call only to be told someone would get back to me eventually. He said they are very backed up and trying. :sad20:

PM sent.

Are they actually taking people in a first come first serve basis? From the HPRB threads it seems the people with blemishes on their record are getting pushed to the front. Seems really weird so many people with issues would even bother trying.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Are you interested in cases where people applied post-wollard...and just got a letter after the fact.

"We had a review. You are still denied." Yet the current HPRB has no record of a review ever happening, Which is why I followed up with HPRB and came 10/20 only for them to tell me "You are not eligible for a review because it already happened."

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I've never applied and never will, but when the Condition dictates, I will not be traveling alone. Fuc Merryland and their band of banditos. Most of them are hiding in warm places and pocketing handsome govment checks each month, too.

I've been reading these posts for years now, and I feel for the ones who've been crapped on and denied. If we ever relocate to our roots in western PA, I will have the local sheriff issue me a permit...likely within a few days. All I'll need is residency and a few references. Cheers.

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret'84)

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

PM sent.

If only that was a legal excuse. :P

Are they actually taking people in a first come first serve basis?

It sure doesn't appear that way from what has gone on at the meetings.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Are you interested in cases where people applied post-wollard...and just got a letter after the fact.

"We had a review. You are still denied." Yet the current HPRB has no record of a review ever happening, Which is why I followed up with HPRB and came 10/20 only for them to tell me "You are not eligible for a review because it already happened."

Any and all cases. We need to all be filing formal complaints whether is was a delay, complete disregard, unprofessional experience with a particular MSP contact. Anything!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Are they actually taking people in a first come first serve basis? From the HPRB threads it seems the people with blemishes on their record are getting pushed to the front. Seems really weird so many people with issues would even bother trying.

To those of use "participating" it seems like there is no rhyme or reason.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I am now beyond 90 days and not a peep, but I believe Tim started this thread not so much about delays, but rather for people who requested a hearing but only got a review. Note for those that did not receive a response from MSP within 90 days you are entitled to a hearing before the HGPRB under PS 5-312.

Have you filed formal complaints to Starchursky or Pallozzi or to IAU?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I'm pretty sure it's been about 90 days since I requested my formal review and never got a response from them.

File a formal complaint. It is the only way to get them to do something. If you have been in contact with anyone in particular, like I was in touch with Aaron Knaub and John Casey, then file a complaint about the individual.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

cast.jpg

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    File a formal complaint. It is the only way to get them to do something. If you have been in contact with anyone in particular, like I was in touch with Aaron Knaub and John Casey, then file a complaint about the individual.

MSP denied my application without stating a reason. So MSP's final decision doesn't even satisfy the basic requirements of the statute. If you had seen the materials I submitted to MSP with copies to Pallozzi you would know why I knew I would be wasting my time with MSP. They didn't even try to rebut my application - they just said no. I just need an opportunity to explain to the HGPRB the realities of the current law that MSP simply wants to ignore. MSP wants to pretend its still 2005 because that suits their old worn out policies. I am betting the Board will be open-minded and objective. We will see - eventually.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Same old shit, different day,.... e'hem,... Governor, super, commander, etc., etc......)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom